It's Monday and than means that once again I had a doctor appointment for a check up of blood work and my weekly ultrasound. I have a standing appointment with Dr. Hickey for Mondays at 8:00am, which is the first appointment of the day. The past couple of weeks, Dr. Hickey has been getting later and later in arriving, which at times really ticks me off because there is a reason why I need the 8:00am appointment. The bell rings at 8:55am at school and it takes me atleast 30 minutes to get there from Hinsdale (on a good day). If he is late than that means I'm late.
Today was a totally different story...as usual they brought me back right when I got there at 7:55am. The nurse took my blood - poking me right in my nice bruise that is forming on my arm. I had my book with me (I'm learning to be prepared for the wait!) and she told me that I wasn't going to need it. I thought, there is NO way Dr. Hickey is here already....and I was right...they now have an ultrasound tech that does the ultrasounds! The new girl did her thing and I was out of the office and calling Brian at 8:10am! It was record timing. I thought - heck - I could stop for coffee now! (Joan, if you are reading this, I did not stop for coffee, I came right to school!)
My ultrasound went well. My lining is growing and my ovaries are inactive - exactly what we want. They said that next week we'll schedule my biopsy and review the new injections that will begin. I believe I will stop the Lupron and begin Progesterone in Oil (which is another butt shot) but I'll know better next week. The timing works out perfect for me because next week is my Spring Break, so hopefully we'll be able to schedule my biopsy for during that week.
My blood work also came back fine. My estrogen level was 325. I don't really know what that means, but they said it was good, so I'm happy.
Dr. Paloyan's office (Endocrinologist) also called and left me a message this afternoon that my blood work came back just fine. They said that I should stay on the same medication that I'm currently taking. Dr. Paloyan doesn't need to change it. They also said that they would forward the information on to Dr. Hickey. Although I really didn't like Dr. Paloyan's bedside manner, I do like that my two doctors are staying in touch and keeping one another informed.
So, if everything is just fine then why did they have to scare me with the tumor talk? Oh well...Thank God everything is okay and we don't have to worry about that right now!
5 years ago



5 comments:
Oh, the highs and lows of this journey you are on! I'm glad today was a GOOD NEWS day from all of your doctors! And, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the shot tonight goes well too. Be nice to that behind, Brian! There are more shots coming its' way!
By the way, I laughed out loud at your comment about stopping for coffee! We'll save that for 'day after butt shot' days!
Love you!
Katie
I cry everytime I read the 'blog' but tonight it was because I'm happy! Called you tonight but no answer, guess I'll tell here that I'm happy with today's results!! Love the pics, we are such a beautiful family! Can't wait to 'ADD' a few members! Love you honey! Mom
Yeah! Good News!! Love ya Girl!!
Ang
What a journey. My husband and I are praying for you and the process and that great news comes soon. Best of luck!
Rachel, just caught up with your blog after Lacey told me about it. Wow, what a rollercoaster you guys have been on. I'm still freaking from all those giant needles...oh my god! Thanks for the live ass-ction shots too. Now that's really sharing :) Maybe someday you'll get to return the favor for Brian...those pics would be priceless! Like Lacey mentioned, we'd love to have you and Brian over...it's been too long.
Post a Comment