After having quite the week at school...hmm...let's see...I was kicked, hit, and yelled at this week, I couldn't be any more excited that Spring Break has arrived. It's funny that it always seems to come at the right time in the year when we all are needing it...and by "we" I mean the kids AND the teachers.
I joined some school friends at Buffalo Wild Wings (BDubs) for a much needed beer after school and then Brian and I went to our friends, The Bea's, house for pizza and to watch the NCAA games. Tim & Stephanie are due in July with their baby boy! Here are a couple of pictures of our visit, doesn't Stephanie look great!?
Mackenzie called me to let me know that she'll be going in this week again for some blood work. At her first appointment they found that she also had an elevated Thyroid level, surprise, surprise! They put her on the same meds that I am on (just a smaller dosage) and told her that she should come back in a month. So, on Wednesday she is going in for a quick blood draw to make sure that her body is responding to the dosage she is currently taking. Mack is keeping track of her cycle right now, just so that way when we get closer we'll be better able to map out our date for when we begin the process.
I will be in on Monday again for my weekly appointment. Too bad I didn't think about it beforehand, but my appointment is at 8:00am on Monday morning - during my Spring Break! What the heck was I thinking! Anyone up for meeting for Starbucks? Mom? Katie, my Interventionist Best Friend? Give me a call, I'll be up in the Hinsdale area until about 8:30am.
All in all, so far, this process has been pretty smooth. I received another "gift" this week. Once again a nice big box on our front porch....more meds. I took pictures of it because it was just too funny. It was a big box and then inside was a big white foam cooler, like one we would take to Notre Dame to tailgate! Then inside the cooler was this small box of medication. It obviously needed to stay cool, but couldn't they find a smaller box? I should probably send a thank you for the cooler though...
5 years ago





5 comments:
You either make me laugh or cry, don't you?! This time I about spit out my mouthful of 7up I was laughing so much! First...your reference to being not only hit & kicked, but yelled at too. Second...the comment about both the teachers AND the kids needing spring break! Third...your reference to your best friend, the interventionist, meeting you at Starbucks after your early morning appointment! Too funny for words!
I'm glad you had a good evening de-stressing with good friends! Tim & Stephanie's dog is positively adorable! :)
Hope Mackenzie's appt. this week goes well! What a great sister she is!
Love ya! --Katie
P.S. For sure I'll meet you at Starbucks on Monday morning! That's what best friends do!! :)
Just wanted to let you know that all the Craig sisters and Aunt Malo are here cheering you on. If there is anything we can do let us know. We love you very much!!! Kim, Jen, Meg, Aunt Malo
I'm up for coffee with you AND your best friend (at Graham!} I know I'm really your BFF. I too love the cooler, put a handle on it and it can be a lunch box! Can't say that I had a bad week at school but I did get spit at AND coughed on! You gotta love preschoolers!
I only wish I could have coffee with you, I think I would have to leave Tennessee right now to make it in time. You look great Rach. Love, Ang
Just sitting here with Mom thinking about you! We love Bri and you oh so much. Peppy gives you kisses too!--This is Kris
Post a Comment