The funny part about today is that I really didn't think I was going to have anything to write about...and in the last 20 minutes I got a phone call from Dr. Hickey's office, and that kinda changed...
Today's appointment was pretty normal. I went in once again at 8:00am had my blood draw and then had my normal ultrasound. Right now we are monitoring the thickness of my lining; when it gets thick enough they'll do the biopsy. Today my lining was at a 6. My nurse, Amy, said that they like it to be around a thickness of 10 (I'm not sure what the units would be) So, we have a little ways to go. She said that my biopsy probably won't be for a couple of weeks. I need to take the Delestrogen for at least another week and then I'll swap the Lupron injection out for the Progesterone injection. Knowing that my body doesn't really respond to things like it is supposed to I asked Amy what happens if my lining doesn't grow. She said that Dr. Hickey would most likely increase the dosage of my Delestrogen shot. The injections/medications are now controlling what my body is doing, so I guess it is nice that we can just play around with them until we get the result we want!
I was out of there and on my way to Starbucks by 8:10!
Thanks to my friend, Katie, for meeting me for a delicious Carmel Macchiato, and I'm so sorry Momma that you weren't feeling well enough to meet us. We missed you!
Amy just called from Dr. Hickey's office while the Comcast guy was here and she left a message that said, "Rachel, please call me back, I have a couple of things to explain to you." Hmmm...a couple of things to explain to me? I already know how to give the shots, so I'm thinking that maybe we're increasing the dosage like she had explained to me this morning.
I called back and no, we are not increasing the dosage. We are adding an additional medication, one that I don't have yet. Now, just a heads up about the rest of this blog...this may get into some things that some of you really don't want to know about....
Alright here we go...
So, this new medication is not taken orally...and it is not injected...umm....it is inserted. Get my drift???
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm even telling you guys. A few of the girls at my Yoga for Fertility class told me about these types of meds and to be honest all I thought was...ewww!
My estradiol (estrogen) level is still low. What happens is that the Delestrogen that I am currently taking by injection is metabolized by the liver and is metabolizing too quickly. Dr. Hickey wants the med to stay in my body longer so that my estrogen level increases to the level we need for a successful donor egg transfer. The new med will do the trick and allow my estradiol level to increase to the level we need. Remember, this is all in preparation to see how my body reacts to these medications - it is a trial run - that way when we begin the actual donor process with Mackenzie, we'll know exactly what to expect. In that case, it's all worth it, don't ya think?!
My medication calendar continues to fill up....I'm not sure we can fit any more in! This new medication will be taken every night before bed. Sounds like fun, doesn't it!? I promise I will not take any pictures of me "taking" this one!
Ya know, you just have to laugh at all of this! I just shake my head and laugh.
Here are some pictures of our weekend. We went to a party for one of our high school friends, Bill Zigman. He is in the National Guard and is headed back to Iraq.
5 years ago





10 comments:
Rachel you poor thing -- I can just imagine your face when she told you it had to be "inserted" and I thank you for not taking pictures of that one!
Keep pressing on you are doing great! :) **Happy Thoughts**
Jeesh...are you even kidding me?! Why couldn't they have told you all this at your morning appointment...we would have had more to talk about! HA! ONLY KIDDING! You, and your body, never stop amazing me! :) I'm so glad that they are checking everything so closely thru this whole trial run, because when the real time comes you'll be all set and they'll know just what to do to trick your body into preparing for little Baby Witko! As always...keep your chin up, keep smiling, keep believing! We're all here for you! Love ya! --Katie
All of this will be forgotten when we're holding a new little baby Witko. I thought this would be a normal Monday for you and of course the 'trip' is always a big zig zag. Wish I could have met up with you and the K K K Katie girl. I'm still under the weather, not my way to spend spring break. Thanks for thinking of us, we really don't need to see pics of you 'inserting'; Dad especially! I love you sweet girl, you are the strongest girl I know! I'm proud of you.
Rach, I know how it feels.(inserting something). I had to insert progesterone pills to thickin my lining to keep our Hailey girl in. I am so amazed everytime I read the blog about what you are going through. It will be worth it all in the end. I love you and miss you. Let me know if there is anyhting I can do. Love, Meg
Just think, every little "adjustment" the doctor makes brings you closer and closer to the big day when you get pregnant. AND, after all these trial and tribulations you have to go through childbirth will seem fun, maybe. Love you both LOTS!
Future Grandma Witko
so i am now a follower. but me you and mom had a great day together today! just us girls!! well at least the pill is small and not a horse pill! love you rachy and ill be calling after tomorrows blood work. love you soo much!!
Keep it up Girl!!!
Love, Ang
Welcome Macker!!! Now let's see if we can get all my girls to 'follow'. Where are you Bella?
WOW Rach! you have moral support coming out the ying yang! that reminds me, Brian asked me to guess where you have to take the pill.. anyways, love ya!
-Brady (i am a follower now)
Rachey, my sweetheart, I am finally signed up ( thanks to Danny) and have read everything (i think twice) so I am all caught up on this journey of yours and Bri's. Can't believe Mac's thyroid? come on now...I remember taking the Lupron,my mood swings were amazing...I remember Uncle Rick always giving me a look ,(I think to size me up), to see what direction i was coming at, too funny. I am sure you understand. Girlie u and Bri are constantly in my prayers, it's going to happen, and I am NOT waiting in line to babysit!!( inside joke for us :))
xoxo, Auntie Lynnie
Post a Comment