...funny how we thought, this is going to be it!!!
Brian and I at Hinsdale Hospital, right before my Polyp Surgery.
Mom & Dad came too.I am very lucky to have the best, most supportive parents in the world!
I was ready to get the heck out of there...
The Donor Egg Process is quite amazing. I just can't believe what they can do to synch our cycles and seemlessly transfer her egg to me.
Before we begin the whole process, we want to make sure that I'll be able to hold the baby, since that is the one thing we don't know yet. I have to first complete a biopsy cycle. Really what that means is that I'm going to do a trial run of the whole process and then Dr. Hickey will take a biopsy of my lining to make sure that it is prepared to receive Mackenzie's egg. It's a 7 week process.
Back on February 14th, my cycle began and so did the meds. I began taking birth control (it always makes me laugh that they put you on birth control when you're trying to have a baby) and I took it for 19 days. On March 2nd I went in again for another ultrasound and blood draw and then began injections of Lupron. I forget what all of this is supposed to do exactly, but essentially they will get my body to the point where they can turn on and turn off my cycle as needed. That way when it comes time to complete the transfer, they can match my cycle up directly with Mackenzie's. Pretty Cool!
I arrived home after school on Friday to a big box on our front porch. It turned out to be a big box of more meds....great! In this box contains a new sharps container - which is good, because my other one is getting full :) - it also contained four boxes of injections - wowza! Our fridge is starting to look like a pharmacy. It also contained the biggest bag of syringes I think I have EVER seen and too be honest I think the awesome pharmacy that I'm now dealing with got the size of the syringes wrong, because the needles on these suckers are HUGE! They make me very nervous. I'm going to take them with me to my appointmen tomorrow morning and see what the heck is going on, I'm really hoping they got the size wrong.
So, right now that is all that is really going on...in order to begin preparing my body I'm just taking a bunch of medications. Pretty boring.
Mackenzie has been in the office just to begin blood work that way they can get some baseline data. Otherwise she hasn't started any of her process yet.
Before we begin the whole process, we want to make sure that I'll be able to hold the baby, since that is the one thing we don't know yet. I have to first complete a biopsy cycle. Really what that means is that I'm going to do a trial run of the whole process and then Dr. Hickey will take a biopsy of my lining to make sure that it is prepared to receive Mackenzie's egg. It's a 7 week process.
Back on February 14th, my cycle began and so did the meds. I began taking birth control (it always makes me laugh that they put you on birth control when you're trying to have a baby) and I took it for 19 days. On March 2nd I went in again for another ultrasound and blood draw and then began injections of Lupron. I forget what all of this is supposed to do exactly, but essentially they will get my body to the point where they can turn on and turn off my cycle as needed. That way when it comes time to complete the transfer, they can match my cycle up directly with Mackenzie's. Pretty Cool!
I arrived home after school on Friday to a big box on our front porch. It turned out to be a big box of more meds....great! In this box contains a new sharps container - which is good, because my other one is getting full :) - it also contained four boxes of injections - wowza! Our fridge is starting to look like a pharmacy. It also contained the biggest bag of syringes I think I have EVER seen and too be honest I think the awesome pharmacy that I'm now dealing with got the size of the syringes wrong, because the needles on these suckers are HUGE! They make me very nervous. I'm going to take them with me to my appointmen tomorrow morning and see what the heck is going on, I'm really hoping they got the size wrong.
So, right now that is all that is really going on...in order to begin preparing my body I'm just taking a bunch of medications. Pretty boring.
Mackenzie has been in the office just to begin blood work that way they can get some baseline data. Otherwise she hasn't started any of her process yet.


2 comments:
I cried the entire time I read your beautiful yet horrific saga. Soon and very soon there will be a blessed baby Witko for us to love and cherish.
Hi Rachel!
Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I've been thinking about you SO much. I was wondering what was going on but didn't want to 'pry'. I am so happy you decided to share your story. I will be cheering you guys on every step of the way. You & Brian are going to be amazing parents! Tommy & I want to have you guys over, let me know when your schedule opens up.
Lots of love & support!
Lace
Post a Comment