Sunday, May 31, 2009

Trip = Social Butterfly

On Friday night my sisters, Kristen & Lizzie, came over to hang out. Brian had a softball game pretty close by so we all went to watch. It was a nice night, perfect for sitting at a ball game. Trip really enjoyed it too!

Trip intently watching the game!

me, Krissy, and the Tripster

Lizzie & Trip
Trip is actually looking at the camera!

Brian coming out to see his girls


Zzzzz...what a busy night!
Trip and her favorite snuggle buddy

On Saturday my friend Katie christened me into the puppy world by taking me around to all of her favorite doggie stores. We hit up Two Bostons, Wet Nose, and PetSmart. Then later on that day I took Trip over to her house to meet her beautiful, but HUGE, Golden Retriever, Parker. Trip and Parker sure had a blast together! Me, Brian, Katie, and her husband Steve also had a great time together...nothing like a nice summery day and some cold Bud Light Limes! Thanks again Katie, Steve, & Parker...we had an awesome time! We can't wait to do it again soon!

Parker and Trip enjoying their bully sticks together

Trip playing the only way she knows how...biting Parker's tail

Parker is a Cubs fan and Trip is a Cardinals fan, of course!

Me & the pups!
Check out that size difference!

Katie lovin' on the Tripster

Brian lovin' on the Park-man! haha!

Steve, Brian, & Katie

What all awesome moms do...take a
picture before helping out their baby!
(notice her leash around the garbage can)

You may remember from some of my past posts that our friends, Brad & Deana Tokarz, were expecting their first child pretty soon. Well, on Friday night, May 29th at 6:22pm, Kailey Marie Tokarz was born. She weighed 7lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 in. long. Brian & I drove up to see our new "niece" on Sunday morning. She sure is beautiful! Congratulations Brad & Deana!

Kailey & Aunt Rachel

Deana, Kailey, & me

Kailey & Uncle Brian

Me & D

Proud Papa!
Brad, Brian, & Kailey

You're probably all wondering when this blog changed from baby journey to now all about our puppy! There is still nothing to report at this moment in the way of fertility news. I still haven't gotten my period, so I have an appointment on Thursday, June 4th. They will once again check my estrogen level and do an ultrasound. Hopefully my estrogen has decreased enough to get this whole thing moving! But, we'll see. Right now, Trip is doing a great job of distracting me from all of this fertility stuff. I will say that taking care of Trip has definitely shown me how ready I am for Brian & I to have kids. I couldn't be any more excited about our future together.

Have a great week!

Only 5 more days of school left! YAY!

7 comments:

KatieK said...

Ummm...FIRST...but I won't rub it in to Aunt Kim! :)

Thanks for coming to hang out with my guys & me on Saturday! I loved every single minute of our day together. Starbucks, shopping, lunch out, puppies, boys, Bud Lite Lime, pizza...it really doesn't get much better than that!

We can hardly wait for your next visit. Parker is in the process of re-growing his tail hair so that he has plenty for Trip to swing around on when she comes!

Love you guys!
Katie & my boys :)

Mackenzie said...

awwww love it...parker is gorgeous!! and the pic of trip biting his tail is sooo cute. she loves to nibble and nuzzle. deana and brad congrats!! love you both! kailey is beautiful!! good to see you today. love babysitting tripp. she loves her aunt puggie!! love you rachhhyy!!

KatieK said...

I'm back on again because I realized I didn't even comment about the pictures of sweet baby Kailey! She's adorable...and I can't wait to see pictures as she grows!

Aunt Kim said...

Ok... I want to know if there is a way to get 'text alerts' when a new blog is posted b/c this 4th place spot stinks. HAHA Just kidding!!

Welcome little Kailey and best wishes to your proud parents. You will have the best Auntie and Uncle Witko! :)

Another puppy play date for Trip! Too fun!! You guys are going to be AWESOME parents to your future baby!!!!

Good Luck at the appt. on Thursday, Rachel! Will send out our prayers for the estrogen level to be where it should be.

Ok, everyone, I am setting my alarm for Friday morning to check the blog for a report first thing! Horray Ohio is an hour before you Chicagoans!
he he (JK)

Love,
Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are all SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBA 24/7 said...

Love the new post - could it be because I am featured???

The Witko family sure is popular. I had fun on Friday night...gotta love a little Paulies - extra blue cheese dressing please! Can't wait for this weekend - Legally Blonde the Musical...woohoo! OMG!

Kailey is so cute...she already has a head full of hair!

Love you so much! Love, Lizzie

tamilazzo said...

Can't wait to meet Kailey! She is so BEAUTIFUL and both Deana and Brad look every bit the proud parents!!

I love the blog no matter what the topic! Can't wait for our own baby news but for now, I sure love my little Tripster!

Can't wait for LB!