Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Fun

McKenna & I have had a very busy summer so far. We've had lots of lunch dates with friends and we have many still planned! We're definitely not just sitting still watching this summer go by!

This is my first summer in 12 years (!) that I'm not teaching summer school. I've worked the Extended School Year every summer since high school - starting out as a teacher's assistant and then getting a teacher's position once I got my degree. I taught at Mom's school, Prairie Children Preschool, and was the Owl teacher.

On Monday last week, Mom, Kenna, & I headed over to the preschool to have lunch with our Owl friends, Diane Vaca, Kathy Guiney, & Angela Maggio.

Grandma loves bringing Kenna to her school!
Too bad we'll live in Plainfield, we would
love it if Kenna could attend her school!

Kenna & Kathy

Angela & I

Vaca!

the girls gave McKenna some really neat gifts! First up...owl shoes

right now they are a bit big!

soft owl blankie

and an owl bank! have you caught on to the theme yet?!

giggling with Ang!

laying on the conference table

Thanks for lunch, the gifts, and the fun, Angela, Vaca, and Kathy! We had a great time!

On Tuesday last week, we were invited over to one of my former student's house for lunch. Hannah Pawelski was in my first grade class, 4 years ago! She is going to be a 5th grader and I just can't believe how fast time has flown! Hannah, her mom, Meg, & her sister, Molly couldn't wait to meet the Kenna girl! We had a really nice time catching up - McKenna got lots of snuggles from my Hannah Banana!

Hannah & McKenna

I love this picture! McKenna is even looking!

Meg with McKenna...she couldn't take her eyes off of their fan!

Molly and Kenna
Molly is headed to the University of Arkansas in the fall!
Congrats Mol! Have fun!!!

Hannah's brother, Danny
uh, yeah...he's kinda tall!
He plays basketball for Loras!

my future babysitter!

the Pawelski's are HUGE Notre Dame fans too - that's how we became such good friends so quickly! - McKenna couldn't resist wearing her ND bib, she knew they would appreciate it!

one of their puppies...Brady...
yes...Brady Quinn Pawelski
you gotta love it!

Thank you Pawelski family for having McKenna and I over for the afternoon! We really had a great time and can't wait to do it again soon!

Go Irish!

No comments: