Sunday, January 9, 2011

City Girl

My sister Lizzie moved out of my parents house on June 25 and headed to the big city of Chicago. She's living in an apartment in the Gold Coast area. We finally made it up for a visit over Winter Break...I know I know...took long enough! Along with visiting her apartment, we brought up a bunch of stuff she wasn't going to be able to bring on the train with her, and we also went to lunch at Grahamwich, a new restaurant opened by our favorite chef, Graham Elliot.

resting up for the big day

Brian & Momma loading up Beanie's stuff! ...and by 'stuff' I mean, kitchen table, 2 vases, coffee table, and nightstand... I think it would have been pretty funny to watch her try to take all of that on the train!

another reason for our visit...Brian putting the furniture together!
check out Lizzie's studio! isn't it cute?!
this is her bedroom/living room

Brian & Lizzie continuing the building process while Kenna climbs into one of the vases!
that whole wall is floor to ceiling windows!

view of the kitchen

Brian & Liz working on the chairs for the table.
Lizzie's walk-in closet leads you right to the bathroom.
(I forgot to take a picture of the bathroom)

Kenna eating her lunch on AB's floor. She loved it!

McK had fun playing in the big vase!

My big girl loves drinking from a big girl cup.
She always wants some of my drink and there's nobody I'd rather share with!

more Momma!

helping Dad with another chair

after Brian finished up building Lizzie's table and chairs, we headed out to Grahamwich for lunch! Lizzie snapped some pictures with her iPhone!

the place was packed! Here's Brian and Kenna (sleeping in her stroller) waiting for us to order.

trademark gdub

we had luck once more with a Graham Elliot sighting! Lizzie couldn't get her phone fast enough, so we got his back! We did talk to him though! So cool!

there wasn't a seat to be had at the restaurant, it was so busy, so here I am heading back to Lizzie's apartment Grahamwich in hand

Graham Elliot has outdone himself once again!
I had the Bahn Mi, Brian had the heavenly Grilled Cheese and Liz had the Pastrami Reuben all topped off with the absolutely delicious truffle popcorn and cheesy bacon ranch chips!

Hi AB! I love crawling all over your apartment!

this wall, perpindicular to the window wall, is covered in mirrors!
Kenna loved it!

Oh my goodness! I love you soooo much!


Thank you so much Liz for having us up for the day! We had a blast hanging out in your apartment and living the city life for the day. We wish we could make it downtown more often.

If you need something else built...let us know! :)

Love you so much!!!

1 comment:

GBA 24/7 said...

Love the post. So glad you came to visit. You'll have to come back soon and we can try Xoco. Love you guys! Thanks for everything.