In Chicago we usually expect it to be cold and we expect it to snow, especially when we're expecting it to be "the worst winter ever."
In our case (so far), it has by no means been the worst. It's been pretty mild and we've only had one snow that is really worth talking about. Funny enough, I'm so far behind on my blogging that I haven't talked about it.
So...here I am...talking about it.
In anticipation of "the worst winter ever", Brian & I ran around Plainfield looking for snow pants and boots for our two little snow bunnies. Itty bitty boots were bought and they sat waiting and waiting for the first snow of the season.
Finally, it arrived. I was pumped to get McKenna & Ben out in it together. I thought for sure they'd both love it...sledding down our side yard, throwing snowballs at Trippy (and at each other), shoveling with Daddy, snow angels, building a snowman, all stuffed in our winter gear...
Well, as it turns out...pumped wasn't the word to describe McKenna's reaction...and well, Benny, he's young enough to still 'go with the flow'. So, Benny & I (and Trippy) went out and played in the snow. Brian & McKenna stayed in and took pictures :)

Benny's first snow!

not totally sure about it

wanted nothing to do with playing in the snow

Trip, on the other hand, loves the snow

loves the snow

first sled ride
Maybe next time, Kenna???

1 comment:
Kind of nice for it to be just the two of you outside in the snow (3, with Dippy). Benny is always up for anything, what a great personality that little guy has!
Time for spring and the driveway chalk and bubbles!
Post a Comment