Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mack-a-Doodle...

Too cute! The three of us on June 9, 2006 -
me & Brian's wedding rehearsal

My little Mackie had her first appointment with Dr. Hickey on Wednesday - and for the record, I did receive permission from her to post about the appointment :)

It was Mackenzie's "Day Three" appointment on Wednesday - so following standard procedure they took blood and also did an ultrasound. It was Mackenzie's first u/s, so Sue and the u/s tech walked her through it. I think that made it more comforting for Mack as they told her step by step everything they were looking at and everything they were going to do. Sue really takes extra care with her, which is comforting to me too. They told her that everything looked really good. She even already had some follicles - yay! Mack said that it was really crazy to see. In no time she'll be as versed in u/s reading as I am!

Right now HCR is doing a cycle evaluation on Mackenzie. (I actually had to go through the same thing when Brian & I first joined their world.) They want to take baseline data on how her body normally acts during her cycle, that way they have a better idea about how to fit the two of our cycles together seamlessly when that time comes.

The evaluation consists of three basic appointments - a Day Three appointment, a mid-cycle (ovulation) appointment, and then a day 21 appointment. The Day Three appointment allows Dr. Hickey to see if the new cycle has reset appropriately. The mid-cycle appointment is determined by ovulation. Mackenzie will begin using the Clearblue Easy ovulation predictor kits on her Day 11. A positive result means that within the next 24-36 hours ovulation will occur. Mack will test her urine on day 11, if she gets a positive result she will call for an appointment for another u/s and blood work. If she does not see a positive result she will then continue until she sees a positive. She may need to test on day 12, day 13, and possibly day 14. If she doesn't see a color change on the predictor stick by Day 14 then she will call and go in for her appointment on Day 14. The blood work and u/s will just continue to give Dr. Hickey more information about Mackenzie's body and how her system is working. The Day 21 appointment will then give Dr. Hickey information about how well Mackenzie's cycle is ending.

Mackenzie sounded very upbeat about her appointment - I think she is excited to finally get things started on her end.

After we talked I went to check my stash of predictor kits and of course, due to all of my testing of my cycle and what not, I still have an entire box of the kits she needs, at least she won't have to go out and buy them! I knew they would come in handy one day!

My next appointment is set up for May 20 - so I now just sit here and wait.

Brian & I leave for Ohio tomorrow after school to head to Richfield for my cousin, Sal's First Communion. Be sure to look back for pictures on Monday!

Have a great weekend! Love to you all!

1 comment:

tamilazzo said...

Still makes me cry when I read the blog. I love my girls and admire their strength! God sure blessed me, as He will you! I love you both! [and of course my Di Di and Bella]