Monday, May 18, 2009

A seriously BUSY yet FUN weekend!

Alright it's been awhile since I've last posted... but man! do I have things to update you on! This post may be picture overload...so be ready for it!

First up - Thursday, May 14th - Kristen's Birthday. Our Krissy turned the big 2-8!!! Happy Birthday Krissy-Poo!!! Love you!

Me & the Birthday Girl!

Dad & Brian enjoying a Skinny Pirate (captain & diet)

Mom judging the funniest card contest - I think Aunt Lynn won!
By the way...doesn't mom look great in green?! SOOO pretty!

Aunt Lynn, Uncle Rick & I

SISTERS!!!

Next - Friday Morning, May 15th - Mackenzie & I headed to HCR for her Mid-Cycle Ultrasound and blood work. I was lucky to get to finally go to an appointment with her because I had the day off due to Brad & Megan's wedding! It was definitely interesting to be the one in the "dad" chair vs. being up on the bed. We sure did laugh a lot! I love my sister!

On our way...

Mackie getting ready! Seriously...isn't she the best!

This is usually where Brian gets to sit!

Appointment update...after a bit of drama we have found out that everything is going well and right on schedule with Mackenzie. Her blood work and her ultrasound both looked great. Mackenzie will head back in to HCR this Friday, May 22nd for more blood work. They will check her progesterone level. This will then conclude the cycle evaluation. I believe that I am going in on Wed. May 20th...but I just realized that I haven't made that appointment yet - wow this weekend really helped get things off my mind!!! Gotta love it!

Next up - Friday Afternoon/Evening, May 15th - Megan & I (Bride & Best Girl) headed out for some pampering and girl time! Then later on in the evening we headed out to the church for their wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner...

you gotta love pedicures!

The Bridesmaids

The Groomsmen
(minus Brad & Brian...they were already up on the altar)

Bride & Best Girl!

Rehearsing our kneeling...check out Brian
in the background...we had to kneel too

Almost done...yeah right...

Saturday, May 16th...Brad & Megan's Wedding!!! As you'll see in these pictures the Milazzo family was out in full force for Brady and Megan's wedding...

A Zano's getting our hair done early - thank goodness for mimosas!

get that garter up there!


Just Married! Mr. & Mrs. Samples!

Best Friends!
Best Man & Groom

Chilly Bridesmaids...
Maggie, Katie, Laura, & Jaimie

Seriously - how cute are we?!

Me & Brady

Mackenzie & Chacal

My cousin Nick & his girlfriend Sarah
(they drove in from Ohio!)

My cousin Joe & his girlfriend Erin
(they flew in from Florida!)

The Bea's were there too!

Brad's Mom and Dad - Sassy & Jimmy

Aunt Rachel & Baby Boy Bea
Gosh...I already love this child so much!!!

my brother-in-law Kevin & my sister Lizzie

my brother-in-law Eric & his girlfriend Sabrina

Kristen & Brady

Megan using Brian as a chair as
Brad is swimming in to get the garter!

Dancing Machines!

Greg caught the garter!
Doesn't he look like Little Miss Muffett?!

me & my pretty Beanie girl!

Whew! Still with me???

Last up for the weekend - Sunday, May 17th - Renee & Alan Myers' Baby Shower!

Renee is one of my best friends from Illinois State...she and her husband are due on June 25, 2009 (Brian's birthday!) with their baby boy!

The Milazzo and Howard Sisters!
Mackenzie & Jamie
Me, Nay & Kris

The Illinois State Girls
Go Redbirds!

Me & Nay

Wow! What a weekend, huh?! We sure were busy but we also had such a great time with our friends and family. We really couldn't ask for a better weekend.

Congratulations Brad & Megan! What a beautiful wedding...and of course what an awesome reception - we had a blast! Thank you for the honor of being the Best Girl and Best Man, we were very lucky to share in your day right by your side. We love you!

9 comments:

tamilazzo said...

I win!! Take that, I'm the first on the blog.

Great weekend, so much fun. Then the bottom fell for our Beanie.

We are the best family ever and Macker is the bestest for going thru all this.

Aunt Kim said...

Ha ha Tam...I'm on your heels!

Rachel, awesome that you were able to attend Mackenzie's appointment! You both are truly special.

Looks like Brad's wedding was great fun...loved the pics and seeing everyone's smiling faces!
The hot pink bridesmaids dress was pretty!! Everyone looked great and happy!
Best wishes Brad and Megan from the Richfield Milazzo's!

Hugs to all!

Aunt Kim

Aunt Kim said...

Oh! Forgot to wish Kristen a Very Happy Belated Birthday! Love you.
Aunt Kim & family

Mackenzie said...

this weekend was soooo much fun!!! we sure did have a great weekend!! love you rachyy!!! now its back to reality!! love you soooooo much!! brian too!! talk to you this week!!

T said...

yeah for a new post! looks like everyone had a ton of fun and looked great doing it! can't wait for more updates.

mugsy said...

Thanks for all of the well wishes from the Milazzo's across the country! We were so lucky to have such an incredible best girl and best man. It makes me so happy to hear and see how much fun everyone had. Can you believe we had an olympian in attendance? :)

Mackie, you truly are amazing...I don't know if I could get into stirrups as often as you do, and on top of it, do it with a smile on your face. I'm so glad everything is going so well.

Love you, Beanie!

Anonymous said...

still recovering! simply stated: i love the milazzo-witkowski familys!

-brady

Mommy K said...

Love that pic of you and Brian from the wedding. I think it's frame-able fo sho!
=) Katie

Mar said...

Hi Rachel and Brian...
Wow, your social life is amazing! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! Ok...not really, but, it does look like being in your family is a ton of fun. I was happy to read the updates and know that things are really on a good track. Mackenzie is a wonderful sister and I am looking forward to reading more good news along the way. Loved the pics and May 16th is a great day to be married on!!!
Love you!
Mar