Sunday, July 5, 2009

Trip & the Vet

Brian & our girl

Sleepy Puppy

I can't believe after that long post I just wrote that I completely forgot to write about Trip's visit to the vet on Friday morning! Thanks for the reminder Katie! I love it that you remember my week better than I do!

Trip's vet is Dr. Withers and Dr. Rybiecki at the Eola Point Animal Hospital which is right near our house, our friends, Matt & Michelle Shiles referred us. This was her second visit. We were going to the vet in order for Tripsy to get her last round of puppy vaccinations.

After the three vaccinations, I talked to Dr. Withers about Trip's eyes and how they seemed to produce crazy excess mucus all day long. I also asked about her ears. I know that Beagles are very susceptible to ear infections and ear mites, but it is so hard to clean them and I feel like I'm doing it every other day in order to keep them somewhat clean. Dr. Withers was also going to examine a stool sample that I brought in with me to make sure she was parasite/worm free.

I think Tripsy wanted to be just like her Momma...

Maybe she feels left out with all of the medication being taken in our house because I left there with eye drops, ear cleaner, ear drops, and then the usual Heartgard and Frontline. After I got home the Vet called me. In the stool sample that I brought they found that Trip has parasites. It is probably from the rabbit poop she just can't seem to resist eating. I had to go back to the vet to pick up the meds. Now she has to take a pill every day too. My goodness, now Trip is even on a med schedule! Are we high maintenance over here or what?!

Overall Tripsy is fine...she just loves to try to bite off my hands as I'm trying to put drops in her eyes and clean out her ears.

Lizzie & Trip on Father's Day

Me and my girl the day she came home
look how little she was!

me and my girl now...she has gotten so big!

4 comments:

KatieK said...

Hope you didn't post again because of me! :) But, selfishly, I loved seeing all the new pictures of the little Trip-Girl! Glad she's got herself some good meds & will be feeling better, with no eye gunk, very soon! This will probably all be really good preparation for the baby, right?! Best of luck with the eye & ear drops. Just be glad she's 10 pounds & not 90! ;)

See you Tuesday!

Love ya!
Katie

Lynn said...

wow i can't belive how much has happened in a week....busy girl!!!
Let Mac know i would love to go to doc with her if she needs some company over the next few weeks....We were in cleveland for the Dudek's 50th wedding anniversary, had a blast, will fill you in when i see you and Bri.
Kisses and all good thoughts and prayers are coming your way! Aunt Lynnie

Aunt Kim said...

Dear Trip,

We hope your new medications work and that you feel better soon!

Love,
Aunt Kim and family

GBA 24/7 said...

Tripsy is just so cute! I love her so much! What a lucky dog! Love, Lizzie