Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice (Week 20)

This afternoon, around 4:40pm, our name was finally called at the doctor's office and around 5:00pm we were already heading out texting like crazy. We couldn't be any more excited to share our news!!!

I can't tell you how very excited I am - not that it would have been any different if it was a boy - there's just something about knowing that our little baby GIRL is the one nudging and kicking me. It just feels so special.

Baby Girl's heartbeat was 152 bpm. She weighs 11oz. and is around 8in. in length. We have a bunch of ultrasound pictures, but my scanner isn't working right now, so I'll hopefully get them up on here tomorrow - sorry!

After our appointment we went over to my parents house for a celebratory dinner. Mom made a delicious steak dinner and even had pink cupcakes for dessert! Yum!


a celebratory drink!


time for dinner!




pink cupcakes!


Mackie came over too!


Baby GIRL!!




Trippy is so excited to be the big sister!


39 inches


haha...my mom's reason for why she knew I was having a girl!
isn't she sooo funny...ha...ha...


excited sisters!
Lizzie had class, so we missed her again this week! :(



Yes, we already have a name - we actually already had both a boys and a girls name picked out...hey, we've had 2 1/2 years to think about this!

Our baby girl's name is McKenna Jo Witkowski.

How'd we get McKenna Jo???
My mom had a little girl named McKenna in her class one year, and the second I met this beautiful little girl, I knew that one day my daughter would be named McKenna. Jo is my mom's middle name.

My next appointment is actually on Monday, Dec. 7th at 4:00pm. It is just my monthly OB check-up appointment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! What a beautiful name! I am so happy you got your baby girl name from a student...usually you get a list of names that will never be :) Congrats! - Michelle

Aunt Kim said...

YAY! We are so excited for you and Brian!!! A little girl!! McKenna is a great name! LOVE IT!!
Too cute about the PINK cupcakes, Tam! :) That was too sweet!

This is just such an exciting time!!

Love,
Aunt Kim :)

PS THANK YOU for the text, too! My kids were so excited to find out!!!

tamilazzo said...

It was a very special day for all of us. I really look forward to our weekly dinners and after our sweet McKenna Jo joins us, I hope that the dinners continue. The first few will have to be at your house.

My friends made it a day to remember for me. Coffee, Donuts and a pretty pink corsage for me to wear all day. [In honor of a Grandma to be of a baby girl!] They all wore pimk too!

Can't wait for our McKenna to meet us all. We are so Blessed! Thank you Rachel and Brian.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both, Rachel!! CONGRATS on a sweet baby girl! Of course I am not biased to baby boys OR girls, but it is definitely fun to buy all of those darling little girly clothes!!