Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Week 22

Week 22 info:
At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, McKenna is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

This week I really look and feel pregnant. I don't know how many times my dad said last night, "wow, you are really pregnant!" My teacher friends at school have also taken a notice in how much I'm starting to show. It is AWESOME! Another thing I have realized that I have now lost the ability to suck in my stomach. ;)

For the first time in 22 weeks, the whole family was at home on Tuesday night dinner! We had a delicious meal of sausage, green peppers, and onions, with potatoes and fruit. After dinner, we ended up sitting in the living room talking for most of the evening. Mackenzie even read "The Night Before Christmas" to McKenna as we sat by the fire together - it was Lizzie's version that she made for my parents in 1991. I think it was the best dinner yet.

40 inches - ugh!

I love this picture. McKenna will have to have a framed one for her room. I think that it is the perfect depiction of how loved she is...

Lizzie being silly - giving McKenna a nuzzle

The Milazzo Sisters

the proud grandparents

4 comments:

tamilazzo said...

It was the best evening and dinner! I loved our Puggie reading to McKenna, it will be our new tradition. I should have taken a picture of them [Mack and MJ]. I love your blog, Rachel and I love you!

Momma

Dwayne Purvis said...

I find it interesting how much Lizzie likes putting her nose in people's belly buttons. I think it is a sign of respect where she comes from.

Aunt Kim said...

What a great night!!!! :)
It's awesome that everyone was there!

You look great, Rachel!

Love,
Aunt Kim

GBA 24/7 said...

Nick, I appreciate your awareness. Where I come from (Land of Awesome) it is a sign of respect. Needless to say, I respect you a whole lot.

Happy to finally make it in the sister picture. Was tired of just the caption. Moments later I did vanish and was at the library.

Love you MJ McWalter.

Love, Lizzie aka AB aka Aunt Beanie