Friday, March 5, 2010

Week 33...Bedrest...

Week 33 will be one that won't be forgotten.

Week 33 is synomynous with bedrest.

Week 33 went something like this: wake up and lay in bed until after Oprah - 10am, shower, then slowly head down the stairs to my spot on the couch - only getting up to get something to eat or go to the bathroom, there I would stay to welcome everyone home, watch primetime TV, then slowly head back up the stairs and go to bed. There wasn't much variety day to day, except for when I had company, Mackenzie, Aunt Lynn, Mom, Nick, Dad...having someone to sit with made it much more bearable, and kept my mind from focusing on what I was missing at work.

A special special thank you goes out to my friends at work, Katie Kerckhove and Leah Early, who so unselfishly stepped right up and took over some of my responsibilities at school. I can't thank them enough for all they did for me. Besides making my week less stressful, they updated me daily on the happenings, and even let one of my special kiddos call me to say hello. I can't thank God enough for giving me such wonderful friends. Thank you so much girls, I love you!

Week 33 info: This week McKenna weighs a little over 4 pounds (think pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal.

My thoughtful, generous, loving husband sent me this Edible Arrangement to enjoy for the week! What a guy! It was DELICIOUS! Love you, Bri!

Here are a couple of pictures of the daily scene on the couch...
My legs are under the blue blanket...Pepper and Trip enjoyed the fact that they got to cuddle with me all day!

My spot on the couch! Hopefully I didn't leave a divot!

I have a doctor appointment today at 11:30am, where I will find out my fate for the rest of my pregnancy. Think good thoughts!

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

love this pics of the puppies!!! i had a lot of fun with you the other day! love you.