Thanksgiving 2010 went off with a bang. It was such a great weekend from beginning to end.
This year was our year. We decided that it would be fun to host Thanksgiving for everyone at our new house. We are just so proud of it and what's better than having all of the ones you love over to celebrate and give thanks.
We had a total of 17 for dinner - Brian, McKenna & I, my family - Mom, Dad, Kristen, Lizzie, Aunt Lynn, Uncle Rick, Danny & Mikey and Brian's family - Mom, Dad, Eric, Sabrina, Kevin, & Uncle Doug. It was a full house, but we wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
I asked Lizzie to be my photographer for the day and she definitely did exactly as I asked...she captured our day perfectly! Thanks Beanie, I love you!
The pictures will walk you through our weekend....let's start with Wednesday...
The Wednesday Night before Thanksgiving is known as Black Wednesday or I've even heard it called Blackout Wednesday. It's one of the biggest nights to go out and party with all of your high school friends. When we were in college, we did just that and man was it fun. I'll admit that there were many years when the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade was watched with hazy hazy eyes.
Well, times have now changed for us. Brian & I are now known to someone as Mom & Dad. ...and well, even bigger...someone calls Brad, DAD now too! Um...plus, I'm pregnant...
Since we weren't going out, we decided that we would have some friends over instead to celebrate the Eve of Thanksgiving. Brad, Megan & Brayden weren't the only ones who came over...our friends Greg & Anne came too.
I only got one correct...booo!
Brad & Meg tied with 3 correct.
The surprise prize? A gift card to Burger King!
I would have been more jealous if it was to McDonalds!
Thursday...THANKSGIVING!!!
Sabrina, Eric, Brian, Kenna, Kris, and Dad enjoying some appetizers
I'll forever remember my first Thanksgiving with my new platter!
Love you guys!
Brian & I...oh and Benson...wowza!
As you can see, Thanksgiving was absolutely wonderful. We couldn't have asked for better!
On Saturday, we headed over to the Witkowski's for their annual tree trimming. My mother-in-law, Barb, has us over every year to put up the ornaments on their Christmas tree. She always makes sure to do it while she has all of us in town!
We truly have so much to be thankful for this year. A year ago, I could have never guessed ...the new house...another baby on the way... Notre Dame beating USC... what will the next year bring us?
At this point, I don't care. I have everything I could have ever wanted.
I have a loving family.
I have a wonderful husband.
I have the most amazing daughter.
I have the silliest puppy.
I have... a SON on the way.
Wow.
I'd say I'm one lucky girl.

3 comments:
As usual, you make me cry. We truly are so very blessed! I am thankful that you blog so beautifully and our lives are in print! Thank you my sweet girl.....
:) I like the turkey on Mckenna's butt. Also, you picked a perfect person to do the pictures on Tgiving. Didn't you know Lizzie doubles as the paparazzi...
looks like you had a lot of fun, and a baby boy on the way, how exciting!!!!
Post a Comment