So, I've made it all the way to 39 weeks...and to be honest besides the fact that I'm ready to have this baby, I haven't felt better. I've been sleeping great and I feel like I have a ton of energy. A friend of mine at school thinks that's because by this point my body isn't "making a baby" any more. The baby has been made. So rather than steal all of my energy to make a brain...a liver...bones...my body is just enjoying the calm before the storm, so to speak.
We had our 39 week appointment on Wednesday and we met with Dr. Kagan again. I measured 3 cm and was about 60% effaced. My belly measured a perfect 39 cm. My bp was 120/84 and Ben's heart rate was a beautiful 126 bpm.
Our questions were all based around labor and how do we know when to call and head to the hospital. I was induced with McKenna at 38 weeks, so we just want to have some sort of idea of what to watch out for and what to do. Dr. Kagan told us to call after I've had 2 hours of contractions that are 5 min. apart or if my water breaks. I asked how long they'll let me go after my due date if nothing happens in the next week. He told us that at our 40 week appointment, they'll schedule my induction for either Friday the 18th or Monday the 21st.
Okay Ben...the date of your birthday is in your hands...I do appreciate you giving me some time get everything in order at school, but now that is all done and taken care of. My maternity leave sub has shadowed me and is ready for the call, all of my IEP goal updates are done, and Spring IEPs have been written. If I have any say at all, let's go with sooner rather than later.
I love you, Benny. I can't wait to snuggle you and give you lots of squishies!!

2 comments:
Ben's waiting for spring so his birthday has less chance of being during a snowstorm. You're looking great Rach!!
Let's go Benny!!! I can not wait to meet you either!!! So excited!! Love you so much already!! Love aunt puggie!!
Post a Comment