Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Just a Phase...

...and I'm IN it!!!

Yes! It's true!

Sue from Dr. Hickey's office called this afternoon (already!?) to tell me that my biopsy showed that I'm IN PHASE!!! (my body can support a pregnancy!!!! It can do something!!!) and we are ready to begin the process of matching my cycle to Mackenzie's! AHHHH!!!!!!!

You have NO idea how excited I am...I am BURSTING as I write this blog...(which I'm sure you can tell by all of the capital letters and exclamation marks!)

Sue left me a message with the news, of course, as we all know how rare it is that I actually answer my phone (it was in my work bag and I didn't hear it). So, I checked the message and burst into the happiest tears of my life. Sue sounded very excited on the message too! I called the office back knowing that it was already closed, but I was lucky because Victoria, the receptionist/do-it-all girl, answered the phone! We talked a bit about how excited everyone at the office was to call and give me GOOD news FINALLY! She said that Sue was ecstatic to call...she is the one who usually has to call me with the disappointing news. Victoria told me that she would talk to Sue as soon as she gets in tomorrow and that I should call during one of my breaks at school to talk about the next step. Then she asked about my cycle - which I just so happen to be on Day One today...and she asked about Mackenzie's. She thought that they may want to get me in on Wednesday already! especially if it looks like Mackenzie's Day One isn't until next week. Remember, I need to lead Mackenzie by two weeks in our cycles for the timing of the transfer. Mackie was at work when I called her, so I'll have to wait to find out tonight what day she is on...

So, this news has come WAY earlier than expected and I couldn't be anymore thrilled than was Brian cheering on Pujols' Grand Slam against the Cubs on Saturday!!!!

AHHHHHHHHH!!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

There will be more to come this week so STAY TUNED!!

15 comments:

Lacey said...

YAY!!!!! OMG! Rachel this post just put the biggest smile on my face!

I can just see you smiling from here! GREAT NEWS! :)

Angie Kinney said...

YEAH RACH!!! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to hear more. Love you girl!!

Barb said...

Hoooray! Great news! I am so happy for you and Brian and all of us. God knows you and Brian will make such great parents that he has to send you a baby. Plus, every parent wants to see their kid go through all the "fun" phases of babyhood. Love you both!
Future Witko grandparents

Amy said...

YEAHHHHHHH!!! Rachel I am SO super happy for you!! I am gonna do my dino dance just for you!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you both! Finally, some uplifting news! Hope you are out celebrating! Can't wait find out the next step of this great news! Love to you both!
Deana and Brad

tamilazzo said...

My heart is just bursting!!! My tears of happiness are flowing too. There aren't enough words to tell you and Brian how happy I am that there was finally some "GREAT" news! Love you! The Momma

Mackenzie said...

ohh mannn rachy!! i was working when i called you back! but after i got your news i had the biggest SMILE of my life on!!! i am soo happy i just texted you of what day i am on!! but just let me know whats the next step!!! love you!!!

Aunt Malo said...

Rachel this is such fabulous news. We are all bursting with happiness for you. Can't wait for a little "chunky monkey"!!!!! Love you both. Aunt Malo

Aunt Kim said...

Hi Rachel & Brian,
What a happy day!!! I, too, read this latest post beaming ear to ear! We are all really happy about this good news! I look forward to following the blogs this week! I am soooo excited for you guys! :)

Love,
Aunt Kim

KatieK said...

Well, I was crying last night when I talked to you after you got the news, and I'm crying again as I read the blog! :) Definitely HAPPY tears! This positive news has been a long time coming, hasn't it?! I hope you and Brian celebrated last night! Now...on to the next "phase!" Let's get that egg ready!!

Lots of Love--Katie & Steve

Lynn said...

oh yeah baby...that is the best news. We are sooo happy fro you and Bri!!! Love you soooo Much, Aunt Lynn

Mommy K said...

Oh, Rachel....YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! SO happy and excited for you and Brian! Let's get that egg transfered so you can start cookin' that baby!!! Congratulations a million times!
=) Katie

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Tricia Reeves said...

I just wanted to leave proof that I did check out your blog! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear what news you got this afternoon. You have inspired me to start my own blog. =)

GBA 24/7 said...

Yipppeeee! I know we talked last night but I just wanted to make it official! I am so happy and I have put out my "It's a Boy" cigar for now. I sat in class last night with a big smile (which doesn't happen often) after I heard the news. Love you so much Witko family! Love, Beanie