Sunday, July 12, 2009

Nascar

On Saturday, Brian, my mom, my dad, Kristen, Eric (Brian's brother), & I traveled to the Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet for the Lifelock 400 Nascar race. It was a night race which was really cool. The cars look awesome under the lights! Mark Martin was the winner - boo! but we still had a great time tailgating and cheering on our drivers.

tailgating

as you can see by my tank, my hat, and my drink
I cheer on the Miller Lite Racing team

walking up to the Speedway

family pic!

sweet seats, we could see the entire track

mom & I are listening to the drivers talk to their teams

4 comments:

tamilazzo said...

Do we look like a bunch of redneck Nascar rooters or WHAT? What a great time we had! Thank you Father, for sharing your Dad's day present with us all. Brian and Rachel give gifts that are shared by all!

Your Momma (go Tony)

Aunt Kim said...

Rachel, I am so glad that you bring your camera with you every where...this looks like fun! What an awesome Father's Day gift to Lenny and cool you could all attend!

Aunt Kim

Mackenzie said...

aww i wish i could be there! looks like a lot of fun! how did newman do?! love you!

GBA 24/7 said...

Looks like you had a great time! Trip was a good girl and only had to go in her cage while I was getting ready to go out. I probably could have left her outside for hours on end. She likes to just sit and watch the wind blow by. So cute. Talk to you soon. I leave for Fort Myers on Friday morning to see my partner in crime, Mrs. Tara Storm. Class starts tonight...last one baby and then I am an MBA'r. Love, Lizzie

PS...can't wait to hear the news from Mack's doctors visit this week.