It's been awhile since I have posted a picture of such an event, so Brian & I thought that now was the time to update you. We showed you what it looked like when it was during our biopsy cycle - so why not now, during our donor cycle!? This one is WAY more important!
A funny thing happened when Brian was administering this particular shot...
Brian has to make sure that the needle has not entered into one of my veins - he does this by pulling back on the plunger after the needle has been inserted, if blood enters the syringe he knows he is in a vein. Our nurse, told us that the chance of this is really really slim, but if it does happen, then you need to pull the needle out, remove the needle from the syringe, and replace it with a brand new needle, and begin the process again. As luck would have it, Brian stuck that needle right into a vein and we got it all on camera - I told you I document everything!
oops!
What Kristin didn't know was that at 6:30pm on Monday nights, the alarm is ringing and shots have to be given. She also didn't realize that on April 15 when she left this comment...
"Before reading the comments I was wondering why your good friend Katie wasn't offering up her services to give you the shot! Who are we kidding - she would never be able to do it! I, on the other hand.......but that might be weird since we've only met a few times?? ;)"
...one day she would in fact be asked to administer a shot to a girl she has only met a few times! And...who would have thought that it would occur in the bathroom of The Cheesecake Factory! My friends sure have great friends, don't they!? By the way, Katie was in the bathroom with us too, of course! She was our photographer!
(isn't it funny that I was using a baby changing station as my table)


...and it's done!
(nice job cropping the picture Kate!)


...and it's done!(nice job cropping the picture Kate!)
Thanks Kristin! You are the BEST!
------------------------------
Last Saturday, Katie & I, took Tripsy and Parker over to our friend and co-worker, Michelle Shiles' house for a puppy play date. Michelle & her husband, Matt, have a German Shepard and a Black Lab. The pups had a great time running around in their huge backyard! Thanks for having us Michelle - we had a GREAT time!








9 comments:
What a nice friend of a friend. I love the action shots. I am glad there are no more tears. Too funny.
Kristin sure was in the right place at the right time, wasn't she?! I'm so glad she was willing to give you your shot...we would have been in that bathroom a LONG time if we had to wait for ME to stick you! I should have taken a picture of my face...!! But, I can tell all of your blog readers that you are amazing. You didn't even wince when she stuck you. :) (and for the record, if I had been the only one there, I would have given you the shot! There isn't anything I wouldn't do to help get this little Witko here!) Thanks for coming along last night. What a blast...and I loved having two of my very best friends together! It was fun to get to visit with Lizzie on the way home too. :)
The pictures from our play date in the Shiles' backyard crack me up! What a crazy time that was with all our puppies! Maybe next time we can perfect the posed picture of the dogs. HA! Thanks, Michelle, for opening up your yard to our crazies!
Counting down the days until all the big events for you, Mackenzie, and Brian!
Love you lots!
Katie
Wow you take though shots like a pro now, how great is that. We are moving right along. Love you!
I didn't know that Kristin Keane was friends with Katie K! Every now and then I venture onto the Keane's blog. It was really exciting to see her jump onto the Witko blog. Thank you again for thinking of me last night! I had fun meeting Katie for the first time. It was awesome to get home at an earlier time...what are you doing Wednesday around 9:15??? Thanks again for the ride home! Love you.
I'm glad that the shots are getting easier for you. I know they can be a pain in the butt. heehee. I loved puppy play date!!!! We should do it again really soon. My pups were so sleepy afterwards. Bliss! I just wish we all lived closer. I feel bad that you guys had to drive to Yorkville. Thinking of you three as we get closer to the big event.
xoxox Michelle
I loved Tripsy sitting on
Monday night! You can go out any night because this G-Ma is ready! [I'm sure Barb is ready for the 'real' babysitting!]
We are so blessed to have wonderful friends, aren't we! AND friends of friends are important too!
Love you my girl and my sweet Puggie! Just so happy that you are fine from your accident.
Love, Momma
You are so right Tammy. I am always ready for the real baby sitting over dog sitting. But if there was a dog I had to sit for, Trip would be the one. She is so cute and little.
Glad to see Brian is so good at injections. Is there a chance to make money on the side at this skill?
Love you all,
Barb
Started to read this weeks edition.. saw the first picture and decided I would catch next weeks posting. love you -Brady
Hi! OMG the pictures in the ladies room at the restaurant! Did anyone walk in? Rachel, you continue to amaze and impress me!
You HAVE come such a long way since that first shot and Brian is a pro now! :)
Way to go, you guys!
How nice your friend's friend was there to administer in the tricky location! Wow!
Keep up the positive energy and looking forward to the next blog!
Oh! The latest puppy playdate looks like fun. Trip has the life!
Love,
Aunt Kim
P.S. WHAT accident for Mackenzie?? Hope she's OK!!!!!
Post a Comment