Monday, July 27, 2009

What Kept Me Sane....

I was lucky to have a pretty busy weekend planned, so even though there were a lot of ups and downs, my mind stayed at ease...atleast until bedtime...

My friend Laura Lucas is expecting and had a doctor's appointment on Saturday morning, so she called to ask if I could watch her daughter Ella (you may remember Ella from this post) for a few hours. It was great timing because summer school just ended so I had my paints, markers, bubbles, shaving cream, and books all at home. We had a blast together! "Ryan" sure was sad when he had to leave for his baseball game!

the good teacher I am made sure Ella put on a "smock" on to paint

"Ryan" helping Ella put on her shoes

blowing bubbles

Ella is working hard on making her own rainbow!

Saturday afternoon we went over to one of my student's house for a cookout. Brian & I have been very lucky to get to know and become friends with Mike & Melissa Cleary and their family in the last couple of years. They have three children - Austin, Liam, and Maeve. Their son Austin was in my class in first grade and then last year I was lucky to have him on my caseload. The Cleary's also invited Trip over for the cookout - she was the life of the party, of course! The kids loved playing with her, walking her, and just holding on to her leash. Trip LOVED the attention!

me & my boy

...one for my desk!

Austin sure does love Trippy!

me & Maeve

Austin took this picture...see his shadow?!

Brian, with Austin & Maeve

Trip is cashed! Check out Maeve's arm...
she still has a hold of the leash!

My favorite dog with my favorite kids!
Austin, Liam, Maeve and Trip

Thank you, Cleary family for having us over! Brian, Trip & I had a great time catching up and hanging out with you guys. Dinner and dessert was delicious, but the company was even better! Trip loves her frog and her treats - you guys are the best!

3 comments:

KatieK said...

What a relief...I saw another post pop in & I thought I was going to cry all over again! But, no, I smiled looking at the pictures of one of your favorite little guys & his brother & sister. So cute. :) Looks like Trip had a blast with Austin, Liam, and Maeve! I can't get over how 'old' Austin looks in that last picture, especially! He's grown up these last couple of months! And, Ella, well, she's positively adorable. I love her little pig tails. I bet you she is going to want to come to your house all the time! What fun...bubbles, painting??!! (And, "Ryan", well, he looks like a natural with those kids!! Can't wait to see him with his little Witko!)

Love you guys--Katie

tamilazzo said...

I forgot that you were going to post about the rest of your weekend. It's nice to not have to cry the entire time I'm reading your blog.

Austin has really grown up and matured! [Mrs. Z will have to read this post.] Trip is going to love when she has her own little brother or sister to play with!

We are blessed in so many ways, I am thankful for them all.

Love you Rachel,and Brian and my sweet Puggie

GBA 24/7 said...

Wow - Austin is so old now! Last time I saw him was in January for Pugga's birthday lunch at Graham. We need to do that again soon...maybe a Chicago lunch this time?? Have a great day! Love, Lizzie