Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bed Rest Day One

Here I sit on bed rest, thanking Kristen for the wonderful idea of grabbing a laptop to help keep me busy! I have the BEST husband in the world who has waited on me hand and foot while still taking care of our Tripsy. Here are some pictures of our day yesterday...

Brian & I in the car on our way!

Everything went really well yesterday for the transfer. We had four embryos in total. One was at an 8 cell development, one was 7 cells, one was 6 cells, and one was 5 cells. With the help of the embryologist (?) we decided to transfer 3 embryos. The 8, 7, and 6. For frozen embryonic development the best quality is 8 cells. So, needless to say, we were very excited about the embryos we were given. (yes, there is a chance for triplets - but a very small chance)

in the procedure room waiting...

All in all, I'm not sure how long the whole process took. After our decision of how many embryos to transfer they gave me valium and we waited about 30 minutes for it to kick in. It didn't seem to take very long to make me sleepy - I was definitely relaxed! After the 30 minutes, Dr. Hickey and staff came in and began the transfer process. Brian was able to be in the procedure room with me the entire time - thank goodness!


The nurse had the ultrasound wand on my stomach so we were actually able to watch the embryo's being placed into my uterus. It was really neat. They gave us a picture of it too - you can actually see them in there! When it was all said and done, I had to lay there on my back for about 20-30 minutes before they would let us go home. Mackenzie was in the waiting room during the procedure and then they brought her back to be with us while we waited. It was so special to have her there with us. She has been part of this whole thing and it only made sense for her to be there for this too.

me and the procedure table

me and my favorite nurse, Victoria

picture of our embryos - we used the top two and the bottom right one

Brian & our embryo's...those are the three we transferred!

Mackie & I after the procedure

me & Bri

What a great picture! I love you guys!

Right when I got home I was greeted joyfully by my mom and Kristen! It was nice having the company while I was just laying here in my bed. We had a delicious lunch from a new place called, Spicy Pickle! Yum!

Mack, Kris & I

Me & my Momma...and Tripsy too!

Mom and Kris brought these flowers for me -
they are pink and blue with baby's breath!

me with my favorite puppy

I know I look dreadful, but I had just woken up!
This DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL edible arrangement was
sent to me from our friends Laura, Cale & Ella Lucas. Thanks guys it was awesome and yes, it is just about gone - I'm telling you, this was the freshest fruit! Added bonus...pineapple is really good for implantation! :) Thank Lucas Family - you guys are the BEST!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Hi Rachel!
I'm following right along! So happy to hear everything went well yesterday, and we're definitely keep you both in our thoughts.
Lots of love,
Lacey, Tom & Reese

KatieK said...

Am I the ONLY one who cries as I'm reading every single post?! Seriously, I'm in tears every time! I'm sure I'm not the only one. You have a gift with words, I guess... :)

I'm so glad that things went so well yesterday. I was saying prayers before, during, and after that's for sure! I was glad to finally see a picture of Victoria too! She's been there with you all along, and I have almost felt like I knew her...so it was nice to put a face with the name! They have definitely become like family to you there. It'll be a sad, but extremely HAPPY day, when you have to say good-bye to them & move on to your OB dr.'s office!

I was so glad to come visit with you today. Nothing like a Starbucks & some chit-chat...in your bed! :) It was killing me to not get there to sit with you last night, but duty called elsewhere for me!

Keep that pillow underneath your hips, no shower today, and continue to let Brian & your momma wait on you hand and foot! :)

Love you Rach!
Katie

tamilazzo said...

Listen to Nurse Katie, she is rigt, no shower today. Stay on your back and let the babies attach! Relax and let us wait on you.

I cry when I read each blog because I know that these two will be the best parents! We are on our way to growing the Witko Family!

Macker, you are a beautiful sister and I'm so proud of you!

I love you all! Momma

Ang Kinney said...

I am so proud of all of you. Pug, Rach and Brian you all are my hero's. You guys are wonderful, beautiful people and I can't wait for that baby!!! Love you!!