Sunday, August 30, 2009

AVP Volleyball Tournament

On Saturday, we took the train into Chicago for the AVP Volleyball Tournament. Our friend's (Brian & Keith Healy) dad's company sponsored the event, which got us VIP passes. We weren't sure what that really meant....when we arrived we found out that VIP not only meant sweet seats, but it also meant free drinks and free food! We had an awesome time watching some great volleyball and drinking and eating to our hearts content - everyone had their fill of Bud Light and Bud Light Lime...me...well, I filled up on juice and Gatorade - yum!

We got to see Beijing gold medalist Kerri Walsh play with her partner Holly McPeak (Misty May is out with an anchilles injury) and we also got to see Beijing gold medalists Phil Dalhausser and Todd Rogers play in the men's finals. It was really neat to see them all in person. I even had a conversation with Kerri Walsh...well, kinda...in between games she was near me and I asked her if I could get a picture with her. She said that we could after her next match - she would be in a tent signing. I said thank you...and that was all...we were headed out at that point, so I never did get the picture! I thought it would be cool for the blog - oh shoot - I should have told her about the blog than she would have probably definitely taken the picture with me! Dang!

We lucked out...Chicago weather has been crummy all week, so we were all very excited when it turned out to be a beautiful sunny day. Brian & I had red faces to show for it!

the boys...Keith Healy, Brian, Brad, Brian Healy

Brad & Megan

Dalhausser & Rogers warming up before their semi-final match

taking a breather before the match began

Kerri & Holly playing in a qualifier...they were too busy to look up at me! :)

Kerri & Holly now playing on the main court

a closer picture of Kerri Walsh

Elaine Youngs & Nicole Branagh getting warmed up for their match
(behind them is an Ab contest getting ready to get started)

------------------------------

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Thank you Mom & Dad for the beautiful Mum's! My Momma brought me these to school on Friday - stuck in the plant was a cigar for Brian. It was hiding so that we didn't get in trouble for having it at school! haha! Love you Mom & Dad!


Thank you Valvano Family for the delicious Cookie Bouquet! (And yes, by delicious, I mean that we have already starting eating it!) We can't thank you enough for your thoughtfulness - you guys are the best! Love you!

3 comments:

tamilazzo said...

Next time I will use a typewriter to sign my card. Didn't know that my chicken scratchin' would make the blog!

I'm glad you had a fun weekend. We missed you in NYC, it was once again a great time in the city that never sleeps. Next summer I will baby sit while you all go to the game.

Love you my sweet girl!

KatieK said...

Another fun weekend for you guys! You always manage to make the most of all of your weekends. :)

What cute 'baby' gifts you received. I saw the mum in the office, but didn't know it was from YOUR 'mum!' She snuck in without coming to visit us?! Tell her not to do that next time. :) And the cookie bouquet is so cute. What thoughtful friends!

See you in the morning for another week! Seems like we just left, doesn't it?!

Love--Katie

Aunt Kim said...

Yes! Another fun weekend for you guys! I find it funny that you saw the volleyball people in person because we JUST saw Misty and Kerri and Rogers on the show where they played volleyball against Shaq. Cool to see them in person! Yes! You should have definately mentioned the blog!

You both look great in the pictures -- red faces & all!

Take care and looking forward to the next post!

(hey...I'm No. 3 responder today! Getting closer each time to reclaiming my top spot! haha)

Love you guys,
Aunt Kim