Sunday, November 22, 2009

Start of the Holiday Season

It's November 22, and this past weekend we already celebrated the start of the holiday season. I swear it gets earlier and earlier every year! Don't get me wrong, I love the holiday season...I mean who doesn't love it when Starbucks comes out with their red holiday cups and their delicious holiday drinks. I'm telling you, there is nothing better than a Gingerbread Latte. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to begin my Christmas shopping. I think I'd like to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner first!

On Friday night, we had Brian's holiday party for his company, ESI Consultants Ltd. It was at Walter Payton's Roundhouse here in Aurora. We had a really nice time. It's always a great chance for me to catch up with some of the wives who recently I've only seen at the company events. It's amazing how much our lives have changed each time we see one another!

On Saturday, we headed up to Long Grove, Illinois for a ribbon cutting for the official opening of Archer Road and Parking Lot. This was a project that Brian worked on. He worked on the design and construction for the project. After the ribbon cutting, we headed over to the village square (with Santa and the Mrs.!) for the Christmas tree lighting and official start of the holiday season for Long Grove.

Christmas carolers entertain us with a few favorites!

Maria Rodriguez, the Village President speaking before the ribbon cutting


Brian was asked to come up for the fake ribbon cutting photo op!

the new Archer Road sign


you can't start the holiday season without Santa and Mrs. Claus!
Brian was not very enthusiastic about me wanting this picture... :)
hey, you have to be in good with the big guy!
also...it's baby's first picture with Santa!

Brian in the village square with the Christmas tree

Brian standing on Archer Road...doesn't it look great?!
He didn't want to pose with the parking lot...I think he'd had enough pictures!

Brian standing next to his project sign

my turn!


Brian & I had a really nice time together shopping and walking around the village square. It was neat to get to see one of the projects that he's worked so hard on. Usually I just get to hear about them, but rarely do I get to see them. Plus, in my book, there is nothing better than getting to spend the day with your #1.

...oh, and we didn't have to sit through the Notre Dame double OT loss to UConn...

After the ribbon cutting, we met one of my bestest friends, Katie and her husband Steve out for dinner at Francesca's at the Promenade. We had a delicious dinner and good drinks - the bartender even made me a virgin Mangotini - yum! To Katie's chagrin, he also made her 2nd one a virgin...yes, it was delicious, but when you can drink, it's just not the same!

Thanks Katie and Steve! We had a great time! I'm not sure why the four of us don't hang out more often! Love you guys!

Steve & Brian

me & Katie

3 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations , Brian! That parking lot and road look great.
Glad you guys had a great time. See you Thanksgiving. Love, Barb

KatieK said...

I couldn't agree more...there really is nothing better than that first red holiday cup from Starbucks! The Dunkin' Donuts holiday cups do NOT compare!

We loved seeing the pictures from Brian's projects. Wish we could have come to see them in person. We'll have to plan a shopping trip to Long Grove...and use the parking lot when we get there!

We had such a great time with the two of you, even if my drink was a virgin'tini too! :) Can't wait for the next time...maybe it'll have to be at our house so Trip & Parker can be part of the fun!

Love you guys!
Katie & Steve

Aunt Kim said...

What a wonderful way to start the Holidays and very impressive work, Brian!!

Love,
Aunt Kim