Saturday, November 21, 2009

Week 18 and Family Literacy Night

Another tough week to schedule our weekly dinner. We all had things going on after work and Dad was out of town. When all was said and done, it was impossible to find a day. It's pretty impressive is that this is the first time in 18 weeks that we haven't had dinner together. I'd say that's pretty good. Obviously, next week will be much easier...with Thanksgiving and all!

Week 18 info:
Head to rump, baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If it's a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If it's a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from during an ultrasound.

This week has actually been pretty amazing with baby. About 2 weeks ago I began to feel the 'flutters' that everyone talks about, but only around 8-8:30pm when I was settled for the night laying on the couch. Yesterday, Friday, I felt baby moving just about all day long! I felt baby while I was teaching, while I was doing paperwork on the computer...I didn't have to concentrate on that area of my body in order to feel it...it just happened...and it was amazing. Brian keeps trying to feel it, but it's definitely not strong enough to feel outside of the body yet. It'll be even more exciting when Brian can experience what I've been feeling.

On Thursday night, my school had Family Literacy Night. From 6:00-7:15pm Graham School families came to school to enjoy a night of literacy. Cookies and milk were served and there was even a special teacher performance! A few of us teachers then capped off the evening heading to Tommy Nevins, a local irish pub.

Even though we weren't able to have our weekly family dinner, I had to keep the weekly picture and measurement going. My friend, Katie stepped up to the plate and we snapped the picture during Lit Night!

interestingly I was only 37 inches this week...hmm...

Kelly Adams, Jen Michaels, Katie, & me!
Jen took the picture and Kelly helped!


We sang and danced to three Michael Jackson songs that were rewritten to fit the literacy theme...here are pictures from "A B C" (we also did Thriller and Read it!)
A, B, C

Come on won't you read with me...

in a car, or a library...in a tree
A, B, C
Come and read with me
Yeah!

Graham Teachers (well, a few of us) celebrating a successful Family Literacy Night!

By the way...yesterday was November 20th...only 5 months to go until my due date!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Kim said...

GRAHAM TEACHERS, ROCK!!
What a great Literacy Night!
All schools should do something like that!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We can all be extra thankful for the baby that will be here in 5 months! :)

Love,
Aunt Kim

P.S. My 1st response did not show-up, so if this appears twice - sorry! I re-typed it and sent again....