Today we had another regularly schedule OB appointment. My last one wasn't so 'regular' so Brian came with me this time.
We had Dr. Webster again. I really like her, she is comforting, sweet, and makes you feel like she remembers exactly who you are.
This time my appointment was normal. Nothing out of the ordinary and no surprises - thank goodness.
McKenna's heart rate was 152 bpm. It took awhile for Dr. Webster to get her heart rate. McKenna was being a bit squirrely and kept moving away from the wand. I don't think she liked how cold it was! Finally she settled down and Dr. Webster was able to let us hear it for a bit and measure it. I truly believe it is the sweetest sound you'll ever hear. A life growing...a heart beating right there inside you...a heart that is inside of the body you'll soon one day hug and kiss and love more than anything else...it sure is amazing.
Hmm...what else? Well, my blood pressure was normal. I need to drink more water. Oh, and my belly measured 26 weeks - one week bigger than I am - which Dr. Webster said is fine, it won't always be perfect to the week. I'm not very happy with the weight gain, but Dr. Webster didn't bring it up at all, so I figured she wasn't worried about it. I told Brian that it had to be my shoes and my jeans were especially heavy today! :) Yes, Liz, they were my Pea in the Pod jeans you got me...so heavy...right???
Along with all of this measuring, they also gave me my dates to get my glucose test done. I need to get it done between 1/13 - 1/27. I can't believe I'm already far enough along to be talking about my glucose test! During that blood work appointment, they will also retest my thyroid to see how it's doing.
All in all it was a great appointment today.
My next regularly schedule OB appointment is in four weeks - Wednesday, February 3rd at 8:20am.
5 years ago

1 comment:
Great news on your appointment!!! :) So glad to hear that it went well, all is looking good!!! And Brian, you're awesome for going w/ Rachel this time!
Rachel, Carry a water bottle around w/ you every day. One of those large ones w/ the measurements on it, so you know how much you have gotten down in one day. :)
Love you guys,
Aunt Kim
(#1, AGAIN. Geez!)
Post a Comment