Seriously??? Only 10 weeks to go? only 10 weeks to go?! ONLY 10 WEEKS TO GO!!!
well, actually it could be more....or it could be less....
Where did the time go?
I took a look back to about one year ago...and interestingly enough it was about one year ago that we decided that the donor egg process would be the next step toward our seemingly impossible dream of having a child.
It was February 5, 2009 that we had the Milazzo Family meeting to ask Mackenzie to be a donor...we were so hopeful, so excited...
It was about 31 weeks ago that we found out that Mackenzie wasn't able to be a donor...we were devastated...
It was about 30 weeks ago that we found out that three embryos were being donated to us...we were elated...
ahh...the highs and lows of infertility...
Isn't it amazing to think that in this picture little McKenna had just been implanted and was working her way towards being a part of our family? 30 weeks ago. Amazing.
I am just overcome with emotions...I am so so thankful...I feel so lucky, just so lucky
30 weeks...wow.
Dinner was on the agenda for Wednesday night this week with mom, dad, Kris, and Mackenzie. Lizzie had class and wasn't able to be there. Mom made a delicious meal of spaghetti, meatballs & italian sausage, with milk & cookies for dessert - yum!
(she's been moving around like crazy, even to the point of making my stomach change shape)
Week 30 info: McKenna's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds ( like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

7 comments:
I am the first!!! Yayaa! I love McKenna! And I love family dinners! Can't believe it's almost time!!! So excited!!
Wow! I can't believe how fast time goes by...It feels like just the other day we were discussing shots, tests, etc. I am so excited to meet McKenna. Thank you for sharing this slice of your life with all of us.
Looking good sweetie!
Michelle
OHHHHHH....BABY!! McKenna's going to be here before we know it. Without ever having experienced pregnancy & motherhood myself (yet!), it's been so fun to travel this journey with you. I knew that God would bless your sweet family with a little bundle of love, and it's exciting to think that the miracle is just about ten weeks away. I can't begin to imagine your excitement. So anxious to get THE CALL that she's about to be here.
Love you bunches & bunches, and can't wait to shower little McKenna with all of our love too!
--Katie
10 weeks!?!!! OMG!!!! This is sooooooo exciting!!! What a journey it has been & the best is yet to come!!! I LOVED the pictures this week of your belly, ESPECIALLY the bare belly!!
We all can't wait until McKenna arrives, but do enjoy the rest of this very, very special pregnancy!
All our love!
Aunt Kim & Family
On my goodness! She will be here before we know it!! Love you guys so much. Rach you look so great!!!
A family blessed with so many things and soon another little blessing. Last year was such a roller coaster, this year the real ride will begin but it will be the best ride ever! Can't wait to love on our special girl!
Wow! Can't believe it is coming so soon! McKenna is going to be our little baby girl - can't to nuzzle with her.
Love, Lizzie
Post a Comment