Week 32 info: By now, McKenna weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus. I'm gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.
On Thursday night we had a doctor's appointment, this time with Dr. Martin. He was just as wonderful and nice as the rest of the doctor's have been. I couldn't be happier with DuPage Medical Group. It brings me great comfort to know that I'll be okay with whoever happens to be on-call on McKenna's birthday.
The appointment was pretty typical. Nothing totally out of the ordinary. My belly measured 32 inches, they tested my urine, I gained weight, he answered a couple of questions we had, and...my blood pressure was 140/90...
140/90...not good...high
Dr. Martin tested my blood pressure again in my right arm - still high...then in my left arm - still high...hmm...
He said that he was a bit worried about my blood pressure being high, but that it was good that there wasn't any protein in my urine....that might have meant that I had preeclampsia.
My blood pressure was high enough that he wanted it to be monitored. He asked if it was possible to have the nurse at school take my blood pressure on Friday and then call back with what it was.
Yeah sure of course...no problem...talk to you tomorrow!

1 comment:
Again, thank you for the update. Not what I was expecting to read, but once again, you & Brian are ROCKS and so is everyone around you (Family & Medical Team).
Take care of yourself, stay positive, everything will be ok!!!
Love, Aunt Kim
Post a Comment