Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 29, a Bachelorette Party, Flat Stanley, a Bridal Shower, and the Super Bowl

Whew!...this week was a complete whirlwind, packed from beginning to end....check it out as I take you on a picture story...

Here I am at my 29 week doctor's appointment. That's Flat Stanley sitting on my lap, my cousin's daughter, Hailey sent him to me to visit for the week. It goes along with a project they are doing at her school on the Flat Stanley book. He was very excited that he got to hear McKenna's heartbeat which measured 148 beats per minute! My mom came with me to the appointment as well, it was really neat to share that moment with her. My belly measured a perfect 29 inches, and as if you couldn't tell from the photo my weight continues to increase as well.

here is my momma and Stanley sitting at the desk

One of my best friends and roommates from college, Courtney Vermett, is getting married on March 20th. On Friday night we celebrated her bachelorette party in the city. It sure was an interesting perspective being at a bachelorette party without having anything to drink. I'd have to admit it's a lot more fun joining in on the craziness! :)

Renee & I arrived first at the Hard Rock Hotel...here we are in the lobby
we were ready to party!

dinner at Sweetwater Tavern & Grill
table 1

table 2

The Future Mrs. Stafford!

Val, Renee & I in front of the wall covered in college pics of Court!

me, Nay & Jamie (Renee's sister) in the hotel suite

at The Baton Club

Saturday morning was the annual Graham School Fun Fair. Brian & I headed over to support my school, plus, Stanley wanted to make an appearance!

playing games

going through the obstacle course

time for some cotton candy...

...and popcorn!

After the fair, we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening over at my mom & dad's house. We had to make sure to get in our weekly dinner and my weekly belly bump pictures! Also, Lizzie got home from San Francisco on Friday night, so we got to hang with her and celebrate her birthday.

29 weeks!

Week 29 info:
McKenna now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Brian & I got Lizzie the "Big Top Cupcake"...have you seen the infomercial? hilarious!

it looks more like a Smurf's house than a cupcake!

a special thanks to Diane Vaca - one of my mom's best friends - for the absolutely delicious football eclairs...McKenna loved it! :)

...and I mean...loved it!

Trippy missed Lizzie!

Sunday was another jam packed day...first was Courtney's bridal shower....

the bridesmaids!
Brooke (Courtney's sister), Courtney, Renee
Val, Maria, and me

opening gifts

Courtney & the mom's!

roomies!

Later on that evening we headed back over to my parents house to watch the Superbowl...
for fun Lizzie and I bet $5 on the game...here I am handing over my $5...

our huge platter of nachos...

wings, fries...

...and our Big Top Cupcake!

Lizzie, Trippy, and Brian watching the game


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did I get to be first? Probably because we are snowed in again and I don't have to go to work today! Looks like you had so much fun! Flat Stanley is such a great project, I loved when Josh had to do it. We kept all of his stuff for his keepsake box! I can't wait until March to see you in person again. Love you, McKenna and Brian! Kushas!

Aunt Kim said...

Flat Stanley didn't get to attend the Bachelorette Party?

KIDDING!

Thanks for the update post, Rachel!! You look super! Glad everything is progressing well! April is just around the corner!!!

Would have loved to been in on your Superbowl party...the snacks and huge cupcake looked de-lish!!!
You and Brian have a knack for really fun gifts! :)

Hugs and love to all and keep the post coming!

Aunt Kim

Unknown said...

I am so glad Flat Stanley is having such a good time. Thank you for sharing it with us. Hailey loved seeing Flat Stanley visiting you. Can't wait to see you in March. Love you Meg

tamilazzo said...

I think the platter of NACHOS [I had to make it big, just like the plate] is still in the fridge! We got a little carried away making it!

I'm so glad that I got to go to your OB appointment with you. How blessed we are to share EVERY step of our sweet MJ's life!

Love you! Momma