Monday, March 1, 2010

Good News & Bad News

I was able to get a doctor's appointment this morning, rather than waiting until Tuesday.

My blood pressure decreased to within normal limits! Wahoo!

Regardless, Dr. Kagan made the decision to keep me on modified bed rest for the rest of the week. I guess because my blood pressure responded to the bed rest. I have another appointment on Friday at 11:30am and he'll make the decision as to whether or not I'm done working for the rest of my pregnancy.

Here I sit on the couch watching daytime T.V. while Trip and Pepper play.

I have received many emails and texts from my friends at school. My favorite one was from my friend and 3rd grade teacher, Penny Ose. She sent me a picture of one of my students with the simple message "Miss You!" My friend, Sandy Riesner even stopped by with a fun little bed rest gift!

Nothing more could have brightened my day, I sure am one lucky girl to have such great friends!

I'm glad my Momma is home, I just wish she could get up and play!

gross, I know...but why stop documenting now???
here is my mom taking my jug of urine to be analyzed at the hospital
don't forget, that's 24 hours worth...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your blood pressure is back to normal! I'll be sending positive thoughts your way! Enjoy your relaxing time at home now, because once McKenna comes she will be keeping you busy :)
Love,
Courtney

T said...

this is allll great news!!! although i'm sure daytime tv will get old. you'll have to join some fantasy baseball teams to keep your mind occupied. luckily ncaa tourney is coming up!

Aunt Kim said...

Good news, Rachel! Glad that your blood pressure is responding to the best rest. Cracking up at the 24-hours worth sample picture....

Keep us posted!

Aunt Kim

Aunt Kim said...

that should have been BED rest ....

Jen said...

Glad to see you're doing better, Rach. Miss seeing your smiling face at school!

Love,
Jen