Yes, I'm finally posting my week 34 pictures! Heck, I'm only a week behind, today I've officially begun my 35th week. You'd think that since I'm sitting here on bedrest I'd be better about blogging. Nope! I guess that daytime TV is really sucking me in!
Bedrest has been going fine, pretty low key. My days aren't very exciting...well, I guess that all depends on who is on my now two favorite talk shows...Oprah and Ellen.
I have been fortunate enough to have some really wonderful friends visit me; which helps to jazz up my day. Katie has visited a bunch of times afterschool. Melinda Clawson, a kindergarten teacher at my school came to see me on Friday! My extra special sister Mackenzie comes over to keep me company when she isn't working. She gets to take me to doctor's appointments, get me lunch, let the dogs out...all of the really fun jobs!
...And tomorrow I'm having an extra special visitor...one of my students is coming to see me with his mom and sister! I can't wait!

Mackie & I at the doctor's office

ugh...you can tell I've been on bedrest...week 34


Lizzie & I fooling around trying to get a nice picture...mom just kept snapping! Here's a glimpse of my spot on the couch where I spend my days!

I think McKenna kicked her off the couch!

Awww! we finally pulled it together!

my snuggle buddy
Week 34 info: McKenna now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
4 comments:
well at least you will be able to catch every tourney basketball game! i am quite jealous of this for sure.
Hi! Over here, Ellen and Oprah are both on AT THE SAME TIME! I decide who has the better guest! :)
Glad to hear that you're coping okay and following doctor's orders. Your Mom and Dad DO have a very comfy couch by the looks of those pictures, so that's good!!
YAY for all of your visitors! Wish we lived a little closer! (and not 8 hours away!) I'd be bringing you lunch and visiting, for sure!
Marissa just did our family's March Madness bracket thing. She charged us all $5.00 and winner takes all! Sammy thought we were doing "Squares" (like football). Too cute! (some of us did more than one version...like a serious one and a totally crazy pic one, for fun!)...
Well, good to know that if McKenna decides she wants to be here sooner rather than later, all should be okay! That is a relief to read! Sal's soccer coach's wife just had Baby #6 on Saturday. Yes SIX. All under the age of 10. :)
I can't wait to see BABY pictures on this blog, Rach! It won't be long now!!!
Love you guys!
Aunt Kim
we have had a fun filled week already!! wednesday and thursday will be a good time. all the same time next week im sure...maybe i can plan to rent that wheelchair so on a beautiful day like today we can take the puppies out for a walk...(dont worrie mom i will be pushing rach not the other way around! haha) love you rach! cant wait for mckenna to arrive!!!
There I go again "OVERPARENTING"!! I'm pretty sure it is now one word in the dictionary! The 'stay off your feet' Momma is at it again. Thanks Mackie for taking care of Rachel and MJ all week, I couldn't have gone to work without you.
Love, Momma
Post a Comment