Thursday, September 23, 2010

BabyWitko2 - Week 15

On Wednesday, it officially became my 15th week of pregnancy #2.

I also had my monthly OB appointment this week. Brian, McKenna & I met with Dr. Martin on Tuesday night. The appointment went as usual. I actually lost 2 lbs. since my last appointment! The funny part is I feel huge! The nurse gave me a harder time about it than Dr. Martin did. He said that he's not worried about the baby, the baby will take what he/she needs from me, he just wants to make sure that I'm taking care of myself. Which I do need to be better about. Work is a bit crazy this year and I need to be better about slowing down and making sure lunch gets eaten every day. Baby's heartbeat measured a beautiful 158 bpm.

I talked to Dr. Martin about the size of my belly and how I just can't seem to believe I can be this big at only 15 weeks. He said that all women pop earlier with their 2nd and in my case I popped even more because my body didn't have any time to go back to normal. He felt my stomach and said that my uterus is right where it should be, just below my belly button. I told him that I haven't really been feeling well lately. I don't feel nauseous, I'm just already uncomfortable and really worn out. Sleep is already getting uncomfortable and my belly just feels so heavy. Dr. Martin said that everything I'm feeling is normal for someone who is pregnant with a 5 month old. He said that I feel so different because last year at this time, when I was tired, I layed down and took a nap. I wasn't lifting as much and I was truly taking it easy. That just isn't possible this time around. So, I try to take it easy when I can. Overall, Dr. Martin said that he was happy with how everything was going with this pregnancy. He also told me that I could make my 20 week appointment!

We will find out the gender of our little #2 on...

MONDAY, OCTOBER 25th at 3:30pm!

Let the countdown begin! Wahoo!

Week 15
McKenna is 5 months 2 weeks old


McKenna loves to sit and eat dinner with us. She is always reaching out and grabbing our drinks, forks, spoons...anything she can get her hands on and put into her mouth. Chik-fil-a finally opened here in Naperville and Kenna was enjoying it as much as her Mommy & Daddy were! Here she is trying to get a sip of Daddy's pop.

We have one advanced little nugget on our hands. I had taken her out of her activity jumper and she decided that she wasn't done playing with her toys just yet.... look at her holding herself up in a standing position!

Aunt Mackie came over last weekend and Trippy was realllly excited...look at her laying right on her face! It was so funny.

what?! I'm just sitting here knawing on a pea pod.

love you my sweet happy funny giggly beautiful baby girl!

1 comment:

Brina said...

I'm so very excited! I love spending time with McKenna! I can't wait to spend time with both of the little Witkowski's!

-Auntie Brina