We began our weekend on Thursday night. We went over to Grandma & Grandpa Witkowski's house for dinner, cake and ice cream to celebrate both Aunt Sabrina's 25th birthday and my 31st birthday.


At school on Friday afternoon, we had our annual Harvest Day Celebration. I was so excited because my mom and Mackenzie brought McKenna over to school to join in the fun. She had a blast walking around seeing all of my students and my friends. Of course, everyone loved her and wanted to hold her! She did great getting passed around and enjoyed all of the snuggles!After school we headed over to GranMom & GP's house for GP's birthday celebration. All GP wanted was steak, brussel sprouts, potatoes, and his MJ! That was pretty easy to handle, so he got all that he wanted and more. We had a great night. Happy Birthday GP!

the "I'm tired" ear rub
Kenna giving GP her card
reading it to him(oops, it's upside down!)
umm...best birthday ever???
Week 20My favorite holiday is Halloween. I know that's pretty unusual. Most people would say Christmas, Thanksgiving...you know...the big ones. Not me. I absolutely LOVE Halloween. So, you can imagine my excitement when Sunday was finally here and I got to take my favorite girl Trick or Treating! I've had her costume planned out for quite awhile. It was a no brainer...Kenna was going to be a Notre Dame Cheerleader!
oh, I had it all!...actual ND cheerleader uniform, pompoms, face stickers, NIKE socks and shoes, tights, and her winter hat if it got cold.
after!
Kenna liked putting the pompoms in her mouth!
we have a baby down
quick trip to the bathroom to wipe her nose and we decided to stop and show off that McKenna has started to imitate waving!
McKenna Jo is ready to go!
GP showed up to go trick or treating in his monster mask!
Fireman Tucker loved Monster GP too!
McKenna liked it best when they let her choose which piece she wanted

time for dinner!


oh nice mom...cereal on face, puff in hand...
McKenna & Tucker...forever friends!
Our little cheerleader was one worn out little girl and ended up going to bed really early. We continued our night as we have done for 31 years now. Halloween night 1979, the night before I was born, my mom and dad ate sausage, green peppers, and onions...and since then every Halloween night, we have that same dinner. Hmmm...if we did that for McKenna, every April 8th, we'd be eating grilled cheese sandwiches and chicken tenders - I was in the hospital and their menu didn't leave much choice! :)
Halloween lived up to everything I thought it would. We had the best time with GP, GranMom (she stayed back at the house to hand out candy for us...I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her!), and the Bea's. Next year should be awesome, McKenna will be walking and Ben will be here! I can't wait!







No comments:
Post a Comment