Sunday, March 13, 2011

More Chips, Please

Last night we headed downtown Plainfield for dinner out at Front Street Cantina with our good friends Katie & Steve Kerckhove. We thought we'd go out for one last night out before we have a newborn and it becomes next to impossible.

Brian & I couldn't get over our big girl. Brian even asked, "When did our baby become a grownup?!" She was pretty hilarious, sitting in her highchair, eating her crunchies, staring at Steve, and looking around the restaurant taking it all in...she was even taking chips out of the basket to eat...just like her dad she can't pass up nachos!

Katie snapped some pictures and I just had to share!

can you please pass the salsa?

what personality this chicky has!!
it's the BEST!

crawling on the window sill...
one of those "my kid would never do that in a restaurant" moments!
oh...she was pounding on the window at one point too!



After dinner Katie & Steve came back to our house to hang out for a bit. In pure Kenna fashion, she was giving me a hard time while I was trying to put her jammies on and she crawled away from me into the middle of the room, where she preceded to STAND UP from a sitting position, on her own, with nothing around her!!! I, of course, in my complete shock, screamed. Kenna turned and looked at me and then sat down. UGH! If I would have just watched quietly, like everyone else was doing, she may have taken a step!

Katie was then on a mission to get her to do it again by holding Trippy's bone out in front of her. Kenna wasn't really having any of it, she just kept playing with her toys.

A few minutes later, we grabbed her and stood her up. After standing on her own for a bit, she TOOK ONE STEP on her own! (don't worry, I didn't scream this time!)

I don't think this Momma could be any prouder. What a moment!

I think we're getting close to having a walking girl!!!

1 comment:

Aunt puggie said...

The funny thing is she will be running around the house before we all know it!!! Go Kenna go!!! Ur gunna be such a good big sister!!!