Friday, August 12, 2011

Blackberry...Farm?

Last Friday, Megan & I packed up the kids and decided to try out the Blackberry Farm in Aurora. It was one of the places on our Summer 'To Do' list and with summer winding down we wanted to make sure we got it in.

I was excited to take McKenna and Benny. It's yet another place that has animals, but a lot closer than the Brookfield Zoo. Sadly, it didn't live up to our expectations.

First off, I would use the term "Farm" loosely. There were a couple of animals, a cow, some sheep and goats, some pigs, and chickens. But, mostly it's an outdoor Illinois pioneer history museum. I guess I should have looked closer on the website!

We had a really nice day, as you'll see by the pictures, but if your intention is going to see the animals, then it wouldn't be worth the admission fee.

Photobucket
McKenna didn't seem to mind the small amount of animals!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
2 piggies in the tub!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kenna is on the middle pony, Chip... first time she didn't need me :(

Photobucket
loves pony rides! yeee haw!

Photobucket
Brayden was too little to ride the ponies, but he still loved watching them!

Photobucket
Megan & Brayden riding the train

Photobucket
All Aboard the ChooChoo Train...the Baby Bjorn has been a lifesaver for me this summer!

Photobucket
Brayden loved Paco, the donkey. Kenna, wouldn't get any closer.

Photobucket
seriously...not any closer

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

mugsy said...

Still wondering why a pioneer woman was stoking a fire next to Paco? We still had fun, we always do :)