Sunday, August 21, 2011

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!

I'm a bit behind on my blogging. School started last Wednesday and I'm working hard on trying to figure out how to manage it all...blogging seems to be the last thing on the priority list...funny, it's always the stuff that you want to do that seems to give way to the things you have to do.

McKenna, Benny & I crammed in as much as possible in the last week of summer. We made sure to fit in one last trip to the Brookfield Zoo. GranMom came with us and we met Megan & Brayden, and Beth, Olivia & Thomas. We sure had a lot of fun!

Photobucket
McKenna, Benny & Brayden all packed up and ready to go!

Photobucket
5 mins in and the geese decide to tag my back...it's good luck, right??? thank goodness for baby wipes! :)

Photobucket
watching Kanga & Roo

Photobucket
Beth & Olivia, GranMom & McKenna and the Rhino in the Pachyderm House

Photobucket
Kenna, Olivia, Benny & I

Photobucket
the Polar Bear exhibit is really cool...it was GranMom and Kenna's favorite!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Benny & I loved it too

Photobucket
penguin exhibit

Photobucket
Photobucket
brave Brayden! Pulling himself up to get a better look at the Baboons!

Photobucket
the zoo makes Booski tired

Photobucket
lunchtime fun

Photobucket
the peacock likes Goldfish crackers and Pb&J sandwiches

Photobucket
Photobucket
Benny loved looking around Tropic World...

Photobucket
...and so did this girl!
McKenna is happiest when she is among animals :) future zookeeper???

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
this tired face says it all...time to go!

We sure had a great time at the Zoo with our friends! What an awesome summer we had together. Can't wait til next year!

3 comments:

mugsy said...

It was the BEST summer!

tamilazzo said...

I loved being with my Benster and Punky! Thank you for including me on all the trips! And yes, the polar bear put on a show for us! Thank you!!

KatieK said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! There's nothing like a trip to the zoo...zoo...zoo. I can't ever seem to convince Steve to go, so maybe I can tag along with you & the kiddos sometime. :) I'm so glad you had such a fun summer with your babies & friends. I know it'll be hard to balance it all, but I'm so glad I'll get to see you each day again.