Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cosley Zoo

Summer is coming to a close...only 14 more days left...

McKenna, Benny & I are working hard to squeeze in everything we want to do.

Today when we woke up the only plans we had was McKenna's blood draw appointment at 9:40am. Aunt Krissy came over to watch Benny.

McKenna & I made our way to Edwards Hospital Plainfield Campus to have her blood draw. After witnessing 4 blood draws when she was a infant, I was super nervous about this one. I wasn't quite sure how they were going to draw the blood out this time (as an infant they drew it out drip by drip from her heel - it was AWFUL). After hearing from my high school friend, Chrissy, whose daughter had to have the same blood draw, I felt much more relaxed. We waited for about 20 minutes before our name was called. Sweet Kenna stole the show in that waiting room...saying Hiii-eee to everyone who walked in. My baby girl is a big girl now and they took her blood just as they would an adult...from her arm. I held her in a bear hug, a nurse held her arm out, straight, and still and another nurse took her blood. Oh the scream. Oh the crying. Oh the tears. After 3 vials of blood and a sesame street bandaid we were out of there. The screaming stopped, the crying stopped...all that was left was tear stained cheekies. We made it out the door and off came the bandaid! She was done with that!

Photobucket
Photobucket

We needed to put some happy into our day, so I made a quick decision to take the kids up to Cosley Zoo in Wheaton. McKenna loves animals and this was the perfect place to cheer her up! Aunt Krissy came with us. Cosley Zoo is another small, local zoo that is absolutely perfect for littles. There weren't many people there and you can get close to the animals. McKenna practically walked the whole thing herself! What a big girl!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
can't take her eyes off of the goats!

Photobucket
trying so hard to reach the sheep

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Hiii-eee!

Photobucket
see the sign? see her arm? yikes!

Photobucket
she looovveeed the horsies!

Photobucket
there's Aunt Krissy and Benny!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
we took a break and had lunch...Kenna preferred Aunt Krissy's push-up to her PB&J, of course!

Photobucket
Aunt Krissy rocking the double hold!

Photobucket
Photobucket
saying Hiii-eee! to one another

Photobucket
the baby goat came right over to Kenna and gave her a kiss on the hand!

What an awesome day we had. We will definitely be back to the Cosley Zoo!

A special THANKS to Aunt Krissy for coming with us! We love you!

3 comments:

Barb said...

Awwww, I think you need to get Kenna a horse and a goat for Christmas. She looks adorable watching the animals.

Chrissy said...

I'm sorry there were tears! At least McKenna got a cool band aide...Layla was just wrapped in a plain bandage. I have a picture of her doing the exact same thing with her arm. I'm glad it's over and hope the results are all good!

Aunt puggie said...

Kenna loves all animals! Love it! Your the best aunt Krissy!