Saturday, December 3, 2011

Off to the Zoo!

Thanksgiving Break came and went.  It's always quick.  It never seems long enough.  Before you know it, it's Monday and we're back to school. 

How can that happen?  We get FIVE days off.  Five days should be plenty.  But it isn't.  It never is. 

Being at home with McKenna & Ben all day long is treasured time. 

(That's not to say, I don't have my moments of "GET ME OUT OF HERE!")

But, now that I'm back to work.  I miss our days together. 

The days of hanging out in our jammies...all.day.long.

The days of getting out of the house and having playdates.

The days of going to the zoo, the farm, the park, the store, the sprinkler park...anywhere...

Just the days.

So, needless to say, I couldn't wait for Thanksgiving Break. 

...and boy, it didn't disappoint.

I have to say that in my now 10 years of teaching, this break was by far the best one yet.

I have the pictures to prove it.  I'm sure you can imagine my sadness when those precious five days were over.

First up, on Wednesday we took a trip to the Brookfield Zoo.  It was supposed to be a little chilly, but we thought it would be fun to go all bundled up.  It ended up being a perfect day.  Not only did it turn out to be a nice day, there was hardly anyone there!

Photobucket
This girl wants to walk all by herself.  Not a baby anymore :(

Photobucket
Daddy was home all five days!  It was his first trip to the zoo with us.  McKenna sure loves her Daddy.

Photobucket
Benny Boo all snuggled up.

Photobucket
It's not a trip to the zoo without Brayden!

Photobucket
It was too chilly for the giraffes, so they were all inside.  It turned out to be WAY better!  We were so close to them!

Photobucket
Didn't take her eyes off of them.

Photobucket
The Polar Bear never disappoints.  He always seems to be putting on a show.

Photobucket
I <3 my family!

Photobucket
Megan & her sleepy boy

Photobucket
Anyone else out there love geese as much as this girl???

Photobucket
getting a chance to stretch his legs

Benny so badly wishes he could walk around the zoo like his big sister... unfortunately it'll be sooner rather than later...where have my babies gone?


Photobucket
An absolute perfect first day of Thanksgiving Break!

Stay tuned for Day Two.

2 comments:

Brian said...

The Zoo was great! I can't wait to go when it is warm outside. Fun times on black Wednesday.

mugsy said...

Not as crazy as black wednesdays of the past, but we did share a $9 beer...that's pretty crazy in my book :) Maybe we can actually get Brad to come see the zoo lights?