Monday, April 23, 2012

2 years old

Dear McKenna,

You're TWO!!!  Oh my goodness!

Photobucket
2 years old, April 9, 2012

The past 3 months have been huge for you.  You have done so much growing up.  We are amazed each and every day of the new things you say and do. 

You were so excited for your birthday.  You couldn't wait to "blow candles out".  Daddy & I wanted your day to be extra special.

Photobucket

We started a new tradition and decorated your bedroom door!  We couldn't wait for you to wake up in the morning.  Unfortunately Daddy had to get to work really early, so I made sure to snap lots of pictures of the big surprise.  You couldn't have been more excited.  You kept saying "Mommy, surprise! Mommy, balloon!"  It made me so happy to see you so happy.

Photobucket
"Mommy, balloon! Mommy, balloon!"

Photobucket

You loved the feel of the streamers as you walked in and out of your room, so you replayed your surprise over and over again. You didn't want to stop...until I told you there was more waiting for you downstairs!

Daddy, Benny & I got you a new soccer ball and Aunt Mackie had a bag full of goodies waiting for you...she wanted to make sure you had something to open on your birthday, since your birthday party wasn't until Saturday.

Photobucket

Photobucket
a Tangled purse...how did she know you love Rapunzel so much???

Photobucket
our princess

Photobucket
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear MCKENNA, Happy Birthday to you!!!

MiMoo, Brad, Megan & Brayden came over on your birthday night to celebrate your special day.  You finally got the chance to "blow candle out"!!!
Photobucket
Brady wasn't expecting you to blow the candle out so fast!... He didn't realize how long you've been waiting for this moment.

You've done a lot of growing the past three months.  In February you climbed out of your crib for the first time.  At first we had no idea how you did it.  All of a sudden we heard the pitter patter of little feet running into our room.  For the rest of the night you slept with us.  Daddy & I were hoping it was just a fluke.  It wasn't.  The next night I put you in your crib and you climbed right out using your feet to climb up the side and then slide your body along the front.  I immediately called Daddy and we got to work changing your crib over to the toddler bed.  It made me way too nervous to let you stay in your crib.  The first night of your "big girl bed" you were very excited.  You kept saying "Daddy make bed me big girl bed".  You thought it was SO cool.

Photobucket
Photobucket

That was until we turned off the light and left the room. OMG.

Then you HATED your big girl bed.

Fast forward two months and you still hate your big girl bed. Now you just sleep on the floor next to the door. Yep. You sleep on the floor. If anyone asks you where you sleep you'll tell them, "floor".

We have no idea why you won't sleep on your bed. I don't think you know why either.

Oh well. One of these days you'll realize it's more comfy, until then ...

As Aunt Beanie says...we all end up sleeping in beds at some point...this coming from the girl who used to prefer the floor too!

It's the little things that make me realize what a big girl you are...

Photobucket

...like the fact that you can walk up the stairs now.

Photobucket

...and the fact that you let me take one picture of you sitting on your rocking chair, because you were much too busy....

Photobucket

...jumping off your bed...

Photobucket
no fear.

Photobucket

Photobucket

...and the fact that you actually smile for pictures!

Photobucket
you love your brother

Photobucket
and you love your puppy

Photobucket

You love to play with your toys, especially your babies.  Our friends, the Conkey's, gave you some special hand-me-down toys that their daughter, Kathleen used to play with and you couldn't have been more excited.  You immediately began rocking your baby in the crib and feeding her a bottle...all while you watched a movie, of course!

Photobucket
funny girl

Photobucket

Oh, how you love to make funny faces!  Each of us has a funny face and you like to reinact them with us.  You'll say "mommy punny pace"  "daddy punny pace" "kenna punny pace".   Oh Kenna, how you make me laugh.  Every.day.

Photobucket
You love sweets.  ALL sweets.  Cupcakes, cookies, candy.  I'd say it's your favorite food group.

Photobucket
Best Friend Brayden feeding you his dinner...sitting on the counter, of course!

We met with Dr. George this month for your 2 year well check.  Talk about a big girl.  I didn't do much this appointment at all.  You and Dr. George chatted the entire time.  She asked you questions and you would answer her.  I was in awe.  She began by asking you about your favorite foods.  You loved answering "YES!" and giving her a high five when she asked you if you liked cantalope, apples, grapes, bananas, chicken, eggs, cheese... even if you weren't exactly truthful on a few of them! :)  She was really impressed with how much you talked and how much you interacted with her.  You even told her a few colors and that you were "two!"

You are no longer weighed on the baby scale...Dr. George had you step up on the big kid scale and she even measured your height on there too.  Where has my baby gone? 

Dr. George was really excited about your growth.  You weighed 24 lbs. (25th %tile) and you were 32 1/2 in. tall (25th %tile).  Your BMI was 16 (just under 50th %tile).  You received one immunization, which was tough for you.  The nurse put a Tweety Bird bandaid on your leg after your shot and you just kept telling me "Mom! Tweety Bird hurt!  Tweety Bird hurt!"  I was so sad for you.  The fish tank helped you to forget as we left :)  All in all, it was a very successful trip to the doctor and you don't have to go back until you're THREE! 

You are wearing size 2T...although in some brands you can still fit in 18-24 months.  You wear size 5 shoes and size 4 diapers. 

You can count to 10 with prompting.

You LOVE to run. I mean LOVE to run. You never stop running and you usually want Daddy running with you! "Dad! Run! Dad! Run!" You have endless energy.

You are a total girly girl.  You love to paint your nails, you love to put on makeup, and you're finally starting to let me put your hair in piggy tails! 

I can't believe I was ever worried about your speech.  You never stop talking and ordering people around...especially your brother! 

You love to watch movies.  Every night you ask to watch a movie.  You can take the DVD out of the DVD player on your own and you even know what buttons to push.  You'll even tell us what movie you want to watch...Shrek (bek), The Little Mermaid (mermaid), Cinderella (La), Robin Hood (robin hood), Tangled (tangled).    We'll put the movie on and you'll pay attention to your favorite parts and then you'll be off and playing.  Half of the time Daddy & I end up watching the majority of them! 

You love to have "Naked Time"!  It's the time right before jammies where you run around the house with just a diaper on.   You'll run around yelling "NAKED TIME!"  Sometimes it's hard to get you to put your jammies on...we usually have to do a countdown.   You really love it when Benny & Brayden join you in Naked Time.  This'll be the ONLY time we let the three of you  have naked time together!!!!  :) 

I decided that I would get your take on your favorite things, so I asked you a few questions. Here is how you answered them:
What is your name? Kenna
How old are you? Two!
What is your brother's name? Benny
What is your dog's name? Trippy Dip
What is your favorite animal? Geese
What is your favorite color? Pink
What is your favorite movie? Cinderella
What is your favorite toy? Jumping Toy
What is your favorite food? Cupcake
What is your favorite drink? Water
What do you want for your birthday? Cupcakes
What is your favorite TV show? Mickey Mouse
Where do you sleep? Big Girl Bed
Where do you really sleep? Floor
What are your favorite shoes? pink shoes

Another point in which I realized my baby is a big girl...all of your answers made sense. I actually thought they'd be funnier! You surprise me every day with how smart you are!!!

Oh my sweet baby girl. 

Photobucket

You have made me so happy.  I am in awe of you everyday. 

These have been two amazing years.  Thank you for choosing me to be your Mommy. 

I am just SO lucky.  SO lucky.

Just know you are the most perfect little girl in the whole world.

I love you so much. 

Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in tears. Rachel this was a beautiful post.
Punk, Aunt Kissy loves you

Aunt mackie said...

Kenna! U surprise all of Us everyday! You are so smart!! Have been by FAR the best two years of my life!! I love you So much!! (great post rach! Love you)

tamilazzo@hotmail.com said...

Of course I am in tears and I can hardly see through my tears to write this. There has never been a little girl SO loved. God knew when He blessed this family and sent us this gift. McKenna, you are truly a gift from God and this family is better with you in it. You complete this family and make it so much better than we could ever be. Being a MiMoo is the best thing that could ever happen to me! I love you!