Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ella Bean and the Graham School Fun Fair!

On Friday night Brian & I had the pleasure of watching our friends, Laura & Cale Lucas', daughter Ella. They were headed out to dinner for a friend's birthday, and asked us if we could watch her for a couple of hours. What a blast! We had such a great time with her.
(side note...I asked Laura if it was okay that I post pictures of Ella - she obviously said yes!)

Isn't she a doll!?
I showed Ella how to open the screen door
and walk out onto the patio...
she only went back and forth about a million times!

It's a great night to sit on the patio and read a book!

Ella & Brian...but she calls him "Ryan"

Snuggling on the blue chair

Today my school had its annual Fun Fair. I was signed up to work the Redemption Table from 12:30-2:00 along with about 6 other people...they didn't really need me, so I bailed and walked around socializing. My parents came to support Graham too, as they do every year! Thanks Mom & Dad! Along with some nice socializing I even got to play games with my principal's son, Michael. She was signed up to work the Moon Walk - I know lucky girl, huh? So, I grabbed her 2 year old and we set off for the games! Let me tell ya, he is quite the athlete! We even did the Cake Walk and surprised his mom with a nice container of cupcakes. She was super excited!
(for the record, I also asked Joan, my principal, if it was okay that I post a picture of Michael)

One of our AWESOME first grade teachers!
Mrs. Conkey workin' it at the Duck Pond!

Mom & Dad enjoying some cotton candy at the Fun Fair!

Me & Michael...he is enjoying his Cake Walk prize!


8 comments:

Mackenzie said...

oh my gosh!! ella is so beautiful!! looks like you had a great weekend!! love you

Aunt Kim said...

What a fun day/weekend! Thanks for sharing! It's been a beautiful weekend here in Cleveland with warm temps and the sun shining. Have to enjoy it while it lasts! The litte girl you babysat is beautiful. Looks like you all had a great day. Absolutely LOVE the pic of Lenny and Tammy at the fun fair :)
...how fun!
Take care and much love,
Aunt Kim

Aunt Malo said...

I think I have this figured out with the help of my darling daughter Jen!!!! I will write more later. Love you. Aunt Malo

GBA 24/7 said...

I don't kniw what is cuter - little Ella or mom and dad with cotton candy!

GBA 24/7 said...

I almost fell on the floor at the library when I saw the mistake in my last comment...and we "where" just talking about it!!!! haha!

KatieK said...

Well, I'm glad to see you got some good Mommy practice in this weekend! Ella is positively adorable...and Michael, what can I say?! He is just the cutest! That is a great picture of the two of you. Little Ryan didn't get to be a part of all the action?!

We'll miss you at school tomorrow! Good luck on the presentation, I'll be thinking of you!

Love--Katie

Aunt Malo said...

My dearest Rachel I've been reading your blog and have wanted to comment and be encouraging for so long now and thank goodness I think I've finally made it. You are one courageous Godchild and I knew from the first time I saw that sweet face you were strong. I hate that you have to go through this. You will be a wonderful Mom and Brian, well what can we say. He's the best Love you. Aunt Malo

Anonymous said...

Rachel - I hope you don't mind but Laura told me about your blog! I had no idea you were going through so much...you and Brian will be in my prayers. It is wonderful gift you are giving by sharing your story. Take care ~ Sarah (PS - Isn't Ella the most fun!! I love watching her...so entertaining)