Friday, April 3, 2009

Mackenzie's Update...

Good news! Mackenzie's body is responding to her current dosage of Thyroid medication! Her levels came down and the 50mg is perfect for her. She will be on it the rest of her life like Lizzie and I, but 50mg is a small dosage, so we don't need to haul off to the Endrocrinologist at this time. Sue, our donor nurse, sounded excited on the phone as well, as she talked to Mack. She told Mackenzie that we're just waiting for me and my lining to thicken, so that we can do the biopsy. Mackenzie is going to call on her next day 1 - they aren't sure yet if they'll do a "day 3" appointment (ultrasound and blood work) or if they'll just start to keep an eye on her cycle. It all depends on the timing of my biopsy - that has to be done first before we move on with anything else. But, all in all, it was very good news. We were a little worried that Mackenzie's Thyroid would be as bad as mine - thank goodness it isn't.

My next appointment will be on Tuesday, April 7 at 8:00am for another round of blood work and ultrasound. Hopefully my lining is getting nice and thick!

Since I'm on Spring Break, Brian has been wanting me to get some painting done around the house. Just what I want to do on Spring Break, ha! Yesterday my mom and Mackie came over to help me tackle our downstairs foyer. We ended up having a blast together painting and laughing, and of course we took pictures! Here are a few:

Mackie and I...

Mackenzie "helping"

The best painter in the world, my momma!

Great form!

6 comments:

Mackenzie said...

it was a great day yesterday!! you really do have great form!! haha love you!!

KatieK said...

Great news about Mackenzie and her levels! I'm glad she won't need a trip to the 'old man endocrinologist!' Looks like the three of you had a great time painting...want to be hired out and come try that form at MY house?! I'm sure Steve would have appreciated if I would have gotten something done around the house...instead of getting sick AGAIN! Looking forward to seeing you on Monday! Love ya! --Katie

tamilazzo said...

Just so you know, Mack and I do hire out for painting[me and Mack] and eggs [Mack]. You all know why I'm just the painter. OLD. Coming up to the big 56, BUT I will still be called Grandma Cool!

Angie Kinney said...

You all look like you were having a blast. Love you guys. Ang

Aunt Kim said...

Hi Rachel & Brian,
Just wanted to lend my support. Thank you for starting this blog and keeping your family and friends posted. We are with you guys every step of the way! Don't forget to take "after" pictures as now I want to know what the hallway color turns out to be! :)
I look forward to your next post regarding the medical stuff and I am so proud of you and amazed at your strength.
Much love,
Aunt Kim (Richfield)

Anonymous said...

Katie told me to check out your blog - so, I had to go back to the lower posts because I haven't heard what's been going on - after the "clarification" in the last post, and the needles in the lowest post, um, yeah, I will just call you guys if I am curious about what is going on....
Later -
Carl