Tuesday, April 7, 2009

OUCH!

Picture taken this morning at the Dr.'s office!
(see I told you...camera with me at ALL times!)

Doctor appointment went as usual today, blood work was taken, ultrasound was done. Dr. Hickey did my ultrasound, which was nice, but also meant that I was late to school. (Thank goodness it was just School Improvement Planning and we didn't have students.) I like that Dr. Hickey turns the ultrasound monitor toward me so that I can watch what is going on. I'm becoming very good at reading the ultrasounds!

My lining was at about 9.2, which is a huge improvement from the 6 I had last week. I guess the new meds really did the trick! But, it's still not as thick as we want it. Ideally we want it to be at around 11-12. He said that 9 is okay, but we really hoping for the 11. We are going to wait one more week and hope that it gets nice and thick, but of course, not too thick! He says a 14 is too thick - I asked why - because when it is at 14, the embryo has a much harder time finding a nice cozy spot with both a gland and an artery in which to attach and you need it to find both in order to be successful. At 11-12 it is the best scenario for coziness - so keep saying those prayers!

We'll continue the Lupron stomach injection, the Delestrogen butt injection, and the Estrogen insertions for atleast one more week. Next week I'll go in and have my usual appointment and we'll set my biopsy appointment. Dr. Hickey said that we're going to go for it next week even if I'm still at a 9. So, I'll keep you posted.

I just got a voicemail from one of my nurses. She said that my labs came back good. My estradiol was at 1500 and my FSH was 0.2. Like I said, we're staying with the same meds, same dosage, and just keeping our fingers crossed that my lining continues to grow.

It has been awhile since I've talked about my injections and really it was because they were becoming nothing...you know...just another part of my day - 6:15pm every night. Well, last night was the worst yet. My stomach injection went just fine, as usual. Brian went to give me my Delestrogen shot and he actually poked me twice because the first poke hurt so bad I screamed out and started bawling. Then I was mad that he hadn't done it! I was freaking out once again over the anticipation of the shot hurting again. I don't know if this shot is just in my head, but it is hurting me more and more. I am beginning to HATE Mondays and Thursdays. Thank goodness it isn't the daily injection. Brian decided that this Thursday we're going to try to numb the area with an ice cube to see if it helps. Maybe I just need a few ML's...I don't know.

9 comments:

Mommy K said...

I will continue to pray for the most perfect, most cozy place for embryo Witko to land!!!
=) Katie Hoyt

Sara Cameron said...

I say if the Miller Lights help, then use them! Also, I don't know if you can do this, but they say before getting some waxing done to take asprin/Aleve about an hour or so before to help relieve the pain. Maybe that might help? (If not, go straight to the hard stuff!) :) I was so happy to read that the lining has thickened so quickly Rach- that's terrific!!! One step closer..... Miss you, love you, hugs all around. Muah!!

Mackenzie said...

im so excited that everything is going smooth! lets make it nice and cozy for the delivery over! hehe!! love you rach!

GBA 24/7 said...

OMG - where do I start! I apologize for being a little late on reading some of the posts but WOW! I am stuck on the pill that is taken upside down. That is how I have to say it to myself because it is just not right. Chi - you are the cutest girl ever! I don't know how you keep track of all those pills and shots and numbers and appointments. You are so brave and I just want to give you a big hug. I still don't really know what to say but...I love you so much! Blush and Bashful, Lizzie

Lynn said...

Rachy and Bri, hi guys, just wanted to let you know that Grandma Mary is now officially up to date on Baby witko. She sends all her love and best wishes. If your around this weekend stop by and say hey to the Dudek's and have a cold ML...love you sooo much...Auntie Lynnie

tamilazzo said...

I think a call to the Dr. is in order. Maybe they could give you a smaller needle or they could give Brian a few tips on how better to administer the shot. I'm pretty sure I heard you scream in South N-ville.

Aunt Kim said...

Hi Rachel,
Thank you for the update. Good luck with the icing...hopefully that will help! I did not know what "ML" was...until I read someone else's post (guess that's why I'm always the designated driver, haha)...thought it was a med! :) Continued support and love out your way!!!
We are all rooting for you guys!
Love,
Aunt Kim

The Barrett's said...

The Barretts, Andersons and Johnsons are praying for you. You and Brain will make wonderful parents. Our prays our with you right now and we send all our love.

scdefisher said...

Rachel - sorry we were in the dark here in Perry, Ohio but now that we're up to date I will start saying my beads for baby Witko (I sound like my Grandmother-who I am sure is smiling) and a scapula will be coming in the mail(like the one my Dad made me wear every time I was pregnant). I am sure God wants you guys to be parents and with everyone remembering you in their prayers I can hear God saying SEND THAT BABY WITKO WOULD YOU? We love you guys, Susan and Uncle Jeff