Brian & Brad left for their bachelor weekend in French Lick, Indiana on Thursday. Sounds like they had a great time drinking, gambling, golfing, and drinking. They drove the Tahoe so I got to drive Brad's Lexus for the weekend. Compared to the 'hoe, I felt like my butt was dragging on the road!
Mary Lou came again on Friday night to give me my shot. All went well. She brought me a surprise! When she walked in she handed me another bag of needles. The special thing about these though is that they are even MORE butt-friendly than the ones we already have! They are a smaller needle, so it doesn't hurt as much!!! Yay! She told me that I can't tell anyone (I'm assuming that she means anyone at the dr.'s office...uh...let's hope!) that she gave them to me because they are really expensive. She said that's why they don't usually order them for patients. I must be pretty special...because I got them for FREE! Atleast things are working out for me with all of this med stuff! Hey...I'll take what I can get!
Saturday, Mary Lou had plans and wasn't able to come over to give me my injection...so...I headed out to Elmhurst to nurse Amy's house! If you remember it was her son's prom night - and YES! - I did get a picture with him! haha!

Amy said that we've been doing the shots in the wrong spot. We've supposedly been doing them too low. If you were to draw a line from your tailbone to your hipbone, they should be injected up there. Oops! It is fine that we did it lower, but it is probably why I've been so sore! Amy yelled up to her daughter to bring her a Sharpie and she drew 2 large circles on my butt that way Brian knew where to aim! Now it is SERIOUSLY like darts! Once again...yes! I have a picture of that too! Don't worry it's not too revealing!

Next stop...Chicago for Megan's Bachelorette Bash! Here are some pictures of our awesome evening! If I say so for myself...I plan a hell of a party!
The girls ready to try out Flirty Girl Fitness!By the way...it was AWESOME!
We did the Chair Striptease...it was a blast!
Shake it baby Shake it!
Yeah Girls...work it!
At Sub 51...dancing the night away!Laura Lucas, me, Megan, Megan Fitzgerald and Lizzie in the background
LATE night...on our way up to our hotel room with some
friends we made in the elevator
can you tell we had fun???
There are a million more pictures from the evening...but us girls will keep them to ourselves! :)
Sunday morning....Deana's Baby Shower! Our very great friends, Deana & Brad Tokarz, are expecting their first child on June 3. Deana, Liz Schrum, and Stephanie Bea and I started out as the "Valpo Girlfriends" then we moved to become the "Valpo Wives" and are soon going to be the "Valpo Moms"...so weird. Wasn't it just yesterday when we couldn't wait to be married to "Tokz", "Schrumy", "Bea", and "Witko"??? Time sure does fly! Our Valpo boys have such a closeness with one another. They are a true "crew" of guys. I couldn't be luckier to be just as close friends with all of their wives. Liz Schrum, drove from Wisconsin for the shower. She surprised both Stephanie and I. It was so great to see her and catch up. Here are some snapshots...
This week is a pretty big one...you know...with the biopsy and all. Please pray that all goes well and that it comes with a positive result. I'll update again later this week to give you the low down.
Mary Lou is coming back tonight for another shot at 6:15pm...Brian is headed home today, so she won't have to come tomorrow.
So, That's All Folks! Have a great week!








12 comments:
Wow, you sure cram a lot into one weekend!! Prom pictures, shooting darts, working out, parties... :) You're going to need the work week to recover from your busy weekend!
I am anxious to hear if the big black circles help Brian with his aim tonight!
Anxious for you to get to Thursday! We'll all be thinking positive thoughts and saying lots of prayers this week!
Love--Katie
Oh my goodnss I thought i was busy. Yes you are very special. Lots of prayers your way. Love you!
Good morning, Rachel!
Just want you to know, I now have a new Monday morning routine...check email, check blog, respond to blog! :) Keep the posts coming!!
Cracking up at the butt-shot with circles! Hey...whatever works! I am glad you had a really fun weekend. Looks like you have great friends and a super time! And it was nice to see the pictures to go with all the action!
Will sooooo be thinking of you re the biopsy this week!
Much love,
Aunt Kim :)
LOVE that you got a pic with Prom Boy! And I totally want to take that "class" sometime...looked like tons of fun! Will be praying for good news from the biopsy this week!!!
Hugs, K
It was great seeing you Rach! I know you had a jammed packed weekend, but I want you to know it really meant a lot to us (especially me) that you were at the shower. Sorry I didn't get much time with my "Valpo Gals!" I miss you!!!! Positive thoughts are sent your way this week! Love you! ~Deana
I want to know who took the picture of your 'bisquit'? Such a cut little booty. This is going to be a great week, all thoughts and prayers are POSITVE. Keep it positive![LB] I love you! Your Momma
OK, I just took the time to read all the "backlog" blogs that I haven't read yet. I know that you wont think this is silly, but I cried not once, not twice but several times! Although our situations are a little different they are similar in so many ways and the painful parts are exactly the same. I remember going for weekly ultra sounds, but to make sure that the babies were growing. The same thing would happen to me for 2 or 3 weeks the babies would grow and I would totally get my hopes, then I would go in and the baby would have completely stopped growing and then we knew what would happen. I give you so much credit, you are so strong and brave. I feel honored to count you as one of my friends. What would do without awesome guys like Brian and Cale. You have NO idea how hard I am praying for you! Love ya!
Laura
good luck this week rachy!! love you!!
Had a great time this weekend! I am still a little sore. Stay Positive! Love you Rach! Love, Lizzie
Hey Best Girl.. way to go this week, wishing you luck for tomorrow. Also, I have no problem with the miles you put on my car, but the "whistle" that i assume came from the bacherette party you left in my ride was unnecessary... silly
-Brady
Thinking of you tomorrow, Rachel!!
Love,
Aunt Kim
Rach, you should seriously consider turning those into permanant tatoos, with little bullseye circles.
Post a Comment