Monday, June 22, 2009

A Date is Set!

Quick rundown of our weekend...

Saturday - Our friends, Tim & Steph Bea, just bought the dresser to go in their baby room; so they enlisted the help of the 'Hoe to get it from Babies R Us to their house. Afterwards, they treated Brian & I to a great dinner at Houlihan's and then we picked up Trip and headed back over to their house. Trip hadn't gotten a chance to play with their Wheaten Terrier, Maggie, yet. Here are some pictures of the girls running around the backyard together.

Best Buds!

Who invited CrazyTown?? I am worn out!!

Sunday - For Father's Day, we went over to my parents house for a cookout. The Witkowski's came too. It's nice that we can all get together for the day rather than have Brian & I (and Trip) bounce back and forth. It's nice to actually spend the whole day with our dads. We had a great day and I'm pretty sure my dad had a great Father's Day. I mean, he did get NASCAR tickets from Brian & I...it had to be a good one, right?

me & my daddy-o

One would have thought it was "Trip's Day" not "Father's Day" when you look at the pictures from Father's Day. Just about all of the pictures on my camera from Father's Day are of Mackenzie, Lizzie, & Trip...

I mean seriously...can you imagine what it'll be like when there is an actual baby in the family?!

Fertility Focus...

Mackenzie had her Day 3 appointment today, which came earlier than expected...we think her body wants to get this moving too! ;) I received a call from Mack & Mom around 8:15am. They were already on their way home - it was just a routine blood draw and ultrasound. Nothing out of the ordinary and no news was given. The only thing was that Sue put Mackenzie on birth control. The b/c makes it so that they are in control of her cycle; they can make sure it doesn't do anything silly while we are in the middle of the process. The conversation wasn't very eventful so we hung up just thinking that we would wait to see what Sue said after Dr. Hickey reviewed the results.

Not a half hour later, I received a phone call from Sue. They need to see me tomorrow morning (11:30) for an ultrasound. Everything is starting to happen and it is starting to happen pretty quickly. All of our meds have been ordered and should be delivered to me tomorrow. I will begin my Lupron injections tomorrow. Mackenzie will be on birth control for 21 days - up until July 12th. After that point she will begin her injections as well. Of course I left my post-it (...don't worry Katie, you know I don't dare use a generic brand...haha!) at school today, so I'm trying to remember all of the exact dates Sue told me. I'm not 100% sure of the dates for when she'll begin her meds and injections but I do know that it looks like her aspiration (the egg removal) will occur on July 27th.

AND....

THEN....

the transfer will occur on JULY 30th!!!! AHHHHH! Seriously we are only 38 days away!

I have a feeling that the next 38 days are going to be pretty emotional. Mackie and I already had a hard day today...it is amazing how alike we truly are...I think that we both had a breakdown today because we just can't believe that it is actually happening....and happening soon.


Mackenzie,
Brian & I can't thank you enough for this special gift you are giving us. You have no idea how truly special you are. I know that this is a bit of an overwhelming process, but please know that we are here with you. In NO WAY are you doing any of this alone. I am so lucky to forever have a special piece of you in my life. Thank you for granting us the wish to one day have children. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. I love you so much.
Love, Rachel

11 comments:

tamilazzo said...

It has been a wonderful day and I got to spend it with two of my special girls. Rachel and Mack, I know that this will be 38 of the most beautiful and most stressful days for you both. With prayers and faith we will make it through this glorious month and a half and celebrate the beginning of a new life, thanks to each of you and Brian. It will be a very emotional couple of months but in the end, we rejoice! Thank you Mack, for your sacrifice and for your love of Rachel and Brian.

Your Momma

Anonymous said...

It was a great Father's Day with both families together. I love spending time with all the Milazzo girls, lots more fun and conversation than just guys. You 4 sisters have a special relationship. I will be saying prayers every day for you, Rachel and Mack. If there is anything I can do anytime please let me know. I am available whenever you or Brian need me.
Lots of Love,
Barb

KatieK said...

Tears, tears, tears...but they are most definitely tears of joy! I cried listening to your message today, and I'm crying reading this post tonight. I'm so excited for you that you are FINALLY at what I know will be the most exciting & rewarding part of this journey you've been on the last couple of years.

Mackenzie is a blessing in your life. What an incredible gift she is giving to you. (And, I KNOW that any of your sisters would have done the same thing for you!) You are blessed to have an incredible family, and extended family in Brian's. Your family & friends are behind you every step of the way.

Of course you know that I'm here to listen & support you during these next few weeks as you anxiously await what is to come. I'm so happy for you, Rach! God is most definitely answering our MANY prayers.

(And, completely OFF the fertility subject, your first baby...little Miss Trip...is getting so so big! I need to see her soon before she gets all grown up. When the weather cools off a bit, let's pick a day for a walk at the park. Parker is anxious to see his favorite girl too!)

Thanks for sharing your exciting news. Love you bunches!

Katie

T said...

and im crying at work.....again. Wow, I feel like July 30th is someone's birthday or something. We should have a conceiving party or something :)

Anonymous said...

Rach- who taught you how to blog? It's unreal. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Aunt Kim said...

Hi Rachel! OMG! Wonderful news! It is really happening, isn't it??! I wish you, Brian, & Mackenzie all of the love and support this next month! Rachel, you simply write so beautifully and we all have a deep sense of what you are feeling and also a clear understanding of the process as you all go through this. You are going to make a great Mom (and Brian, a super Dad!). Once again, thank you for sharing your journey. Mackenzie, you are a special person, too!
Love you all and best of health, much love and hugs and support!

Love,
Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

I feel like I "jumped in" at the tail-end of this long journey of yours...but I am happy to be a part of it none the less, especially as we can see the light at the end of the tunnel! I am one of those afore-mentioned mothers who had no trouble conceiving (twice!)...but learning about this whole process through you has given me a brand new, sparkling appreciation for motherhood!! So, thank you for that. Even though I don't know you THAT well, I know that you will be a great mommy and that this new baby will be blessed beyond belief to be a part of your family! :)

Angie Kinney said...

Oh my goodness 38 days!! You can do it and please know I am here if you need anything. I love you guys so much.

mugsy said...

Wow! Exciting! Todd just walked by my room and looked at me like I was crazy. I'm not normally a very emotional person, but I'm sitting here reading this with tears in my eyes. With a definite date, things seem so much more real. You'll have to tell me all about it at the game tonight. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Rach and Brian~ We are so excited for you guys!!! Yeah! A date is finally set! Love to you all! ~Deana, Brad and Kailey

Sandy said...

Rachel,
Words seem so empty, when the heart is so full!!!
Reading your blog makes me laugh, makes me cry, brings me back to a similar time in my life. I share so many of those emotions with you. I just want you to know I am always here for you. I think you have the most amazing family and such a great outlook with the way you have so gracefully handled this most stressful roller coaster adventure. I know from experience, that once you hold that baby in your arms, all of the heartache goes away. How lucky will this baby be to have you and Brian for parents! As always I am thinking positive thoughts for you, but I will especially hold you close to my heart on the dates to come.
Stay strong, girls. (You too Brian) :)

With love,
Sandy