Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update!

Surprisingly I had my "Day 3" appointment yesterday morning before school. I went into the office for my usual ultrasound and blood work. Since my new cycle had started, I was really hoping that my estrogen level had decreased and that we would be ready to begin the donor process.

They ended up taking FOUR vials of blood - yikes! - (they usually only take one) and then I went in for my ultrasound. The ultrasound was normal, nothing really to report, except that last week my lining measured 8.6 and then this week it decreased to 4.4. Which isn't surprising ... I just got my period. But, it gave them (and me) hope that my estrogen decreased as well. Sue said that we would have to wait to see what my blood work showed, but that we would probably wait until my next cycle to begin the process - boooo! There really is no way to know yet without the blood work, because once again, my body has not been typical throughout this whole process - so they just have to wait to see.

Sue called me around 2:30pm yesterday afternoon with my blood work results. She was very excited to tell me that my estrogen did in fact decrease! So, we are READY TO BEGIN THE PROCESS (yes I am screaming!) AND THAT I NEED TO BEGIN TAKING THE BIRTH CONTROL TONIGHT!!!!!! We aren't waiting until next cycle...we are beginning the process RIGHT NOW!!!

I know...I know...calm down...breathe...

Sue said that she looked at the calendar and it looks like we'll be ready for the transfer either the last week of July or the first week of August! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!! We are finally getting ready to do this!!!!

So, if you remember - which you probably don't - from the biopsy cycle, I will begin by taking the birth control pill in order to start regulating my cycle to the point they can control. I need to be two weeks ahead of Mackenzie's natural cycle. (They will control my cycle to work around her natural cycle.) I am a bit further than two weeks at this point, so I may take the b/c pill for a little longer than I did before. Here is a small crash course on the events of the donor cycle...remember this is about a 7 weeks process...After the pill, I will begin the rounds (and rounds and rounds) of injections...we'll work on building up my lining...they'll start to prepare Mack with IVF injections...as soon as we are both pumped up, Brian will do his thing, Mack will do her thing...and then a week later, they'll transfer and I'll do my thing...then a week later from there (I think) we'll find out if we're pregnant or not. Obviously it is way more involved than that...I promise, you'll get it all in more detail as it is occurring this summer. OH MY GOSH...THIS SUMMER!!! AHHHH!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Mackenzie!
I just can't tell you how much this means to Brian & I.
We love you!

I am so lucky.

Please pray for Mackenzie, Brian & I that this process goes smoothly. Stay posted...there is sure to be more to come this summer!

14 comments:

Mackenzie said...

soo i got your text and i was soo excited i got right up and went on the computer! i am soo excited its gettin soo close! sue seemed so excited yesterday when she called!! and it made me soo happy for how much she cares about you and brian and even me. love you soo much and cant wait for a lil baby witko!!!! glad summer is here for you! maybe we can go play tennis this week.

p.s. i am the first on both blogs. sorry aunt kim!!! love you!!!

GBA 24/7 said...

I am second...yesss! Maybe it was the text letting me know about the update! I can't believe it is finally going to happen! This is awesome. Is it bad that I was trying to figure out the due date already! Whoops...can't wait for everyone to do their thing! Love, Lizzie

Angie Kinney said...

Hey Guys,
I can't believe it really is happening. I am so happy and proud of you guys. I love you soooo much!! Prayers and good wishes coming your way!! Love, Ang

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Can't wait to read all the updates!
Courtney K.

KatieK said...

Okay, it's a little hard to be one of the first "commenters" when I spend the day shopping with you. :)

I had tears in my eyes when I was reading this post. I am so excited that the time for everyone to 'do their thing' is literally right around the corner. What an exciting summer this is going to be. You & Brian are going to make the BEST parents. You're getting lots of practice with little Tripster already!

Love you bunches & can't wait to follow you as you embark on the next (and most exciting!) part of this journey!

Katie

tamilazzo said...

I can't even see the keys to the computer because my eyes are full of tears. I am so happy and so excited for my girls[and Brian]. We will be blessed with a baby soon and how special the baby will be! Praise be to God. I love my girls and I'm so thankful that we are all here for each other. Rachel you are blessed, you have wonderful blog followers!! Love you! Momma

T said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa
thats all for now :) love you

Anonymous said...

Words cannot describe how excited I am for you both!!!! It's finally happening!! What a great way to kick off summer vacation for you! Congrats, Brad and I continue to pray for you and baby witko. We love you lots! ~Deana, Brad and Kailey

Unknown said...

Rachel, I am so happy for you and brian. I can't wait till the day I hear the words I'm pregnant coming out of your mouth. Looking forward to reading more great news on the blog. Love you and miss you lots. Meem

Anonymous said...

Oh My!!!!!! It is so funny how things work. I was just talking with Matt's mom how it seemed like there were babies and pregnant ladies everywhere (her words). and I thought of you guys and how that wasn't true yet. Then I read the blog and I can't stop smiling because it is much closer to being true! I am so excited for you guys.

On a side note...I am glad you are taking to being a dog mommy. I love my puppies but only after they leave the crazy puppy mode and become somewhat behaved. See you are meant to be a mommy because you even love Trip when she pee pee's on the carpet and bites your hand! I spent the last two nights with Wendy's beagles...Zoe and Boomer and they sure grew on me during my stay with them. It is nice to cuddle with a dog that doesn't cut off the blood flow to your arm because they are so big.

Thinking of you and sending hugs and kisses!!!! Michelle S.

Lynn said...

awww this is great news. Tammy you are an amazing mom to have brought up such incredible kids! I am so lucky to have all of you in my family....xoxo, Lynn

Aunt Kim said...

Hello everyone! YAY Excellent News! I did not check the blog for a few days & I miss the biggest news break yet!!! I am so very excited for you, Rachel! Much love and support as you, Mackenzie, and Brian all prepare for this next step. I am so excited! What an exciting time!!!

Much love,
Aunt Kim

Anonymous said...

Did i miss something while i was out of town?? geeeze!!! awesome news... AWESOME NEWS!!! UB's or Uncle Brady?? Let me know what you think! love-Brady

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel,
Thanks for keeping us all posted. It is so exciting to see something you have wanted so much come to be. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all invovled. This may truly be the best summer EVER for you...you deserve it!
J.