Sunday, August 16, 2009

An Indy Weekend

Brian, Trip & I traveled down to Indianapolis for the weekend to visit with our friends Jeff & Erica Mandsager and their adorable 15 month old, Hayden. It turned out to be quite the busy weekend. It sure was a great way to end my summer - we had a blast!

Trip relaxing in Hayden's chair...this was one of the
rare moments when she was settled down

Jeff & Erica have a pretty sweet boat - we went out on it for a bit -
Jeff drove slooow so that I could go - here is Hayden and Erica enjoying the sun!

...then the boys dropped us off so that they could have some fun.

Erica & I on the way to the Indiana State Fair

Brian & Jeff wanted to test out their strength so we stopped
to see who could hit it harder check out their form...
Brian went with the two leg power...

...and Jeff went with the one leg chopping wood form...
who won? well, Jeff walked away with the shirt, that's all I'll say!

The Mandsager's

The Witko's

aww...here I am petting a baby cow...so cute!

Yum...who doesn't love a deep fried brownie?!
(seriously they were delicious!)

Later that evening we headed to the grandstand for the
Keith Urban/Jason Aldean concert...
we had great seats and the concert was awesome!...
Here is Jason Aldean...


...and here is Keith Urban - I didn't realize how
he rocked out on a guitar...he sure plays a heck of a show

Keith came up into the stands near us and Jeff was able to snap a picture
right before my camera died! Can you see him? He's right in the middle of the spotlight.

Thanks again Jeff, Erica, & Hayden for having us for the weekend! We had so much fun hanging out and catching up with you guys. Hopefully you can come up here to Chicago this fall!

5 comments:

KatieK said...

Glad you had a great 'last hurrah' weekend! Hayden is such a cutie! And, how sweet of her to share her chair with Trip. Just think what a trip to visit your friends NEXT summer might be like. You might just wanna leave Trippy at the Kerckhove's that weekend cuz the Tahoe will be full of baby(ies!) :)

I'll be anxious for the SANDWICH Fair to come to I can see if I can get my hands on a deep-fried brownie!

See you EARLY tomorrow morning!

Love ya! --Katie

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, hope your trip home was quick and Brian made his game! We had a great time! Those pics are great, gotta love Witko's two legged chopping technique! We had to laugh at the both of us trying to be 21 again!

The pic of Keith Urban up close turned out good!

We will make it up this fall for sure!

Thanks again,

The Mandsagers

Anonymous said...

Just so I have this straight, you saw the worlds largest boar and have no pictures to show for it?!?! Nuts, i am disappointed! -brad

Aunt Kim said...

Another fun weekend for you guys! All I can say is you better register for the top-of-the-line car seat(s) with all of the traveling and weekend trips! hehe

Cute pics of Trip in the cozy chair! Awesome concert shots, too!

Hope you had a good day at school today! Thank goodness we have until next Wednesday!

Take good care and keep the posts coming!

Love,
Aunt Kim

Angie Kinney said...

Another busy yet fun week end, good for you guys! Hope you are feeling good. We started school yesterday James is in 1st grade (he loves it). Keep the Blog coming, I love it and love you!!