ONE!
one healthy baby Witkowski!
Today we got to see our beautiful rice grain of a baby and hear it's heartbeat! What an amazing sound. I don't think I've heard anything more awesome...and, yes, it brought me to tears.
We were surprised to see that actually all 3 embryos implanted (which is why my hCG levels were so high) - we were able to see each of their sacs. But, only one baby was there. They call the empty egg sac's blighted ovums.
A blighted ovum (empty gestational sac) occurs when a fertilized egg implants into the uterine wall, however, the fetus does not continue to develop past the sixth to eighth week of gestation. There is continued development of the placenta and amniotic sac which produces hCG. Essentially the other two embryos were possibly not genetically viable. As the healthy placenta and baby grow they will push the empty sacs to the side and move them out of the way.
The egg sacs were labeled A, B, and C. "A" is our baby, within Egg Sac B there was a faint spot - which Dr. Hickey said could still develop into a baby, but the chances are slim, especially with how small that egg sac appeared. We have another ultrasound in two weeks and we'll see then if anything has developed. Egg Sac C was empty. Dr. Hickey was very happy to see one healthy baby growing. He said that this is the best scenario - any more than one and it just gets harder on the mom and the babies. I only hugged him 2 times!
Here is our first picture of our little one! The black circle is the sac and the baby is on the bottom right side of the sac...he/she measures right at 6weeks 3 days - perfect size, perfect health!
here is the baby's heartbeat...right now the baby's heartbeat is beating at a healthy 112 beats/minute! What a moment it was to hear the heartbeat. These past 2 1/2 years have been TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!
we just wanted to document the date: 08-28-09
how far along I am: 6w3d
due date: 04-20-2010
Right now we have an 83% chance of a successful pregnancy - don't forget how early I am! In another two weeks we'll have ultrasound #2 and we'll then have a 99% chance of a successful pregnancy.
Thank you all once again for your thoughts and prayers! We can't thank you enough! Keep 'em coming for at least another two weeks - or until April 20th!
Love you all, have a great weekend...we know we sure will!



13 comments:
a healthy baby.. couldnt ask for better news!!! (had to be number 1)
-brad
yayyyyyyyyyy!!!! Healthy baby!! How blessed you guys are. SOOOO happy for you two! Take it easy and take care of that little grain of rice!
*HUG*
Take care of yourself! SOOOO Happy for you!!! Yeah..Yeah....
Good news!!! Take it easy - I will wait patiently for another 2 weeks for more news! :) I'll be thinking of you - lots of prayers!!!
Awesome news!!! Tom & Lacey
So excited for you guys!!! Keep getting as much rest as you can and enjoy as many BLIZZARDS as you want!!! Love you!
Deana, Brad and Kailey
One healthy baby is the optimum outcome for a new mom and dad. Great job! Hmmmm.... 112 beats a minute sounds like a boy to me. And isn't this about when the husband has to do all the cooking and cleaning? Let me know if I can help in any way! Love, Barb
I am so Happy for you and Brian. I can't wait for the weeks/months to come. I love you guys and are praying for you everyday for a healthy pregnancy. Love Meem
Great news today!!! :)
We are so happy and excited for you! Hey...Sammy's bday is 4/29! They'll be close on bdays!
Also, thanks for the text alert! Felt very privleged to get that on such a big day!
I am smiling ear-to-ear looking at the ultrasound pictures. Yes, first picture! How cool is that?
Much love,
Aunt Kim
so even though i have known and heard all about it seeing the ultrasound made me cry happy tears of course. wish i could give you a hug.
PS-this baby is going to be soooo spoiled :)
That is so exciting! It is such an amazing moment when you see that little heart beating and know that there is a new life inside of you. I am so happy for you two and will continue to pray for Baby Witko.
Congrats again, so excited to hear everything is fine.
Becki And Michael
Post a Comment