Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh BABY!

Brian & I went in this morning for the pregnancy test blood work at about 7:45am. Afterwards we went to my school to begin working on my classroom. At 9:15am, Victoria called to let us know that...

we

are

PREGNANT!!!!!

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I still can't believe it! Brian & I are completely beside ourselves, we are so so excited! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers. We are so lucky to have all of you in our lives.

So, what next???

They called back later in the afternoon to let me know that my levels looked really good. We need to continue with the same meds and injections, the only one I need to stop taking is the Bromocriptine (which was a small pill each night to help my prolactin level). They will be monitoring me VERY closely, so I have an appointment for Thursday at 9:30am, and then they'll see me again next Tuesday. After that we'll set up the ultrasound appointment! AHHH!!

By the way - I am a complete dork - after a celebratory lunch (with my momma, Mackie, Kris, Brian, Katie & Steve) Brian & I made a quick stop to pick up the book I have been waiting to purchase..."What to Expect When You're Expecting"...I just can't believe I can finally read it!!!!

I received this four leaf clover from my cousin Kim and her family - they found it at their daughter's t-ball game and thought that it could bring us luck...I brought it with me this morning to my blood draw...was she ever right?! WOW!

THE blood draw!
I had to document it, just in case, thank goodness we did!
That's Marilu - remember her? She is the nurse that came
to my house to give me my shot when Brian was out of town!
(she's pregnant right now too!)

Brian & I in my classroom calling, calling, calling to
let everyone know the exciting news!

Day One!
Actually I'm already 4 weeks...that was a fast month, huh?
Umm...no...Mackenzie and I agree that no, the month did NOT go fast! :)

My mom was right...every little piece of the past 2 1/2 years has definitely been worth it with the way I feel right now. Thanks again everyone! LOVE YOU!!!

15 comments:

KatieK said...

At a loss for words...but I can't stop smiling...and thanking God for answering all of our prayers.

We are so happy for the two of you. I know this is the day you have dreamed about. I have dreamed about it too, and it feels even sweeter than I ever could have imagined.

Congratulations to the very best parents any child could ever have!

Love you lots...Katie

Anonymous said...

Words cannot describe how happy I am for the two of you!!!!! I can't stop thinking about this great news all day! Wish we lived closer so we could have celebrated together. Baby Witko(s) is very lucky to have you both as parents. Enjoy every moment of you pregnancy, aside from this month, it does go by super fast!

Congrats! Love you guys!
Deana, Brad and Kailey

Patty said...

Congratulations!!!! I have been checking your blog off and on all day and I am sooo happy for you two and for all the people who love you!
Such an answer to prayer. Wonderful news! Yaaay!
Hugs from Patty your faithful blog follower (no longer a lurker!)

angie kinney said...

Yeah, I still can't stop smiling. I am so happy for the two of you. I love you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Mom called me this morning after me checking the blog about every hour! Then after that I checked every hour to see when there would be a post! Didn't get any work done. Oh, well.

We are so happy for the both of you, you just cannot imagine how happy I was all day. I was telling everyone at work and sometimes even twice!

When I text Noah he text back,'1, 2, or 3'. I just had to laugh. Told him is was too early and now he can't wait to find out!

What a wonderful journey you are on now. Congratulations! We love you both!

Lacey said...

Happy screams and tears from Bolingbrook! Tom and I are THRILLED to hear the AWESOME news! Congratulations Rachel & Brian. A VERY happy & healthy 9 months to you!!!

EEEEE! This just made my day. LOL!

tamilazzo said...

Still crying with a HUGE smile on my face! This is one happy Gramata!!! [thanks Brady for the new name.]

Thank you God for giving me one of the happiest days of my life! I love you all and I thank you for all your prayers!

YES, you are going to be the best parents!

Love you!
Grandma Cool

Unknown said...

I was at a meeting this morning and all Rob said when I got home wass call your mom. I said do we have a baby and he wouldn't tell me. He wanted mom to be able to tell me. I am absolutely thrilled for theboth of you. Take care of each other and follow doctor's orders. Congratulations! We love you both!!!

Aunt Malo said...

I'm sitting here with tears of joy running down my face. You can't even begine to imagine how we all feel for the both of you. What wonderful news. Uncle Ba and I are so excited and can't wait to be called "Great" Uncle Ba and "Great" Aunt Malo. Congratulations to you all. Love you both so much.

Aunt Kim said...

YAY!! HORRAY!! Words can't express how excited we are for you guys!C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on this wonderful, awesome news!!

THANK YOU, Tammy for the call! It was so great to come home from a day of back-to-school-supply shopping w/ the kids & receive your message! We were all beaming ear to ear!

OMG about the four leaf clover! I love good luck charms! :)

All of us here wish you the best, most healthy pregnancy journey! Glad you got the "What to Expect Book" -- it is a good one!

So, so excited for you guys!

Love and hugs,
Aunt Kim :)

Susan said...

Sweet Baby Jesus! I knew talking to his Mother would help! Congratulations from all of us in Perry.
Love you, Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

I love how I found out!!! I am barely in the door of Graham and there you are with a huge smile and happy tears. It was the best moment. I think I was even jumping up and down which you know is out of character. That is how happy I was for you two. xoxo - Michelle

Unknown said...

Yessss. We are so happy for you and Brian. It couln't happen to a more loving couple. We wish you all the best and will keep praying for a healthy pregnancy. Love you Meg, Mike, and Hailey

Mindi said...

SOOOO Very Happy for all 3 of you! Congratulations!!!! Best of luck over the next 9 months. What wondeful news! :)

Sandy said...

NO two people deserve this more than you!
I know that joy you're feeling, and I share in it with you!
You will be THE BEST parents...I couldn't be any happier!
With love,
Sandy