Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 13

Here we are already at another week and it's a big one at that. Not only is it already week 13, but on Thursday (tomorrow) I have my first appointment back with my regular OB, Dr. Weeks! I'm a bit nervous but also very excited - I hope they do an ultrasound, but we'll see, they haven't given me any information about what this appointment entails.

Dinner this week at mom & dad's included: mom, me, Brian, Kris & Mackenzie. Dad was out of town for business and Lizzie was at the library working on stuff for her class. Oh! Trip and Pepper were there too, of course! It was a low-key night - we had yummy sloppy joe's and watched Biggest Loser and Mackenzie's favorite, The Hills (Brian was super enthusiastic about watching The Hills!).

As always, the night concluded with lots of laughter and joking around, which you'll see in the pictures. I cherish these weekly meals with my family. I'm so lucky that we live so close to them.

baby, baby, baby

getting ready for the measurement...

38 inches! Baby loves Aunt Krissy!

Am I just like my Momma or what?! We are matching!

the dinner crew

dinner crew + the puppies

an unconventional way to kiss baby, but I LOVE it!!!

my love!

enjoying The Hills...Mackie's favorite..Brian's LEAST favorite

Lizzie's home!

Lizzie: "Let's think of a funny way to take a picture together" Rachel: "okay!"

Lizzie: "How about I put you up on my shoulders?" Rachel: "okay!" Mom & Mack: "We'll help!" Brian: "I'll take the picture."

a nice one to end on...Baby with Aunt Beanie

Love you guys sooo much! See you for dinner next week!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Rachel~
I love reading Waiting for Baby Witko! It is a welcome distraction from all of the endless lesson plan assignments I have had over the last couple of months! I am extremely happy for you guys and can't wait for April! I just wanted to say hi and let you know that your baby bump is lookin' good!

tamilazzo said...

I think that this is my very first time reading the blog, and NOT crying!This week's dinner was so much fun and a barrel of laughs. I'm smiling remembering the look on Pep's face when Brian picked her up. I always get to pick up squirmy Trip and she just loves to be picked up by G-Ma. I love our family get togethers, I am truly blessed! Thank You.

Aunt Kim said...

Hi! Okay, I now look forward to see what you guys come up with for family pictures on dinner night as much as I am the baby-bump measurement pics, doctor's details and Witko weekend adventures pics!

I made sloppy Joe's last week, too -- great minds think alike, Tam...and I am sure it was the weather! (Some of Summit County had its first snow flakes this morning - UGH!).

Good Luck at your OB appointment! If you get an ultrasound, can't wait to see him again(or her). :)

So glad everything is going well! You just look amazing, Rachel!!!

Love you guys!!
Aunt Kim

P.S. The pic of Brian kissing the baby/bump is too sweet! Mid-air, too -- impressive!! :)

Aunt Kim said...

Hi! Did you get an ultrasound??? Any pics???? :)

Love, Aunt Kim