Monday, November 9, 2009

100th Post!

I can't believe it - I've hit the 100 mark! I have now officially posted 100 times! That sure went fast! I wish I had something special to write about but it was just a normal hum-drum day...oh wait! I DID get to hear my baby's heartbeat today...now that sure is something SPECIAL!!!

Today I had my 2nd "normal" appointment with the DuPage Medical Group. Today my doctor was Dr. Webster. I loved her just as much as I loved Dr. Weeks. She just couldn't be any sweeter! I have a feeling that it isn't going to matter who is on-call the day I deliver. I've seen 2 of the 5 and I've only heard good things about the rest of them...I couldn't be in a better place.

It was a quick appointment today. They weighed me - which I am proud to say that in the last 4 weeks I only gained .9 lbs. I asked if that was enough...and they told me not to worry...it was perfect, they also said that later in pregnancy the weight gain will increase big time, so be happy now.

Dr. Webster then came in and we talked. She asked me how I was feeling, took my heart rate, and reviewed my lab results. Everything was perfect, so we really didn't have much to talk about! YAY! I'll take that any day! Dr. Hickey and I did PLENTY of talking! She asked me if Brian and I had thought about the prenatal screening for Down Syndrome and the other pre-screening tests. Brian and I have declined. We wouldn't act on the results, in any way shape or form, so we have decided that it is not for us. Our baby is perfect, no matter what. Dr. Webster than had me lie back and I got to hear the sweetest sound...the lub lub lub of our baby's heart. It measured 150 beats - which is also normal!

You can't beat starting out your week like that!

Before I left I made our 20 week ultrasound appointment. The countdown is now on! We find out the sex of our baby on December 3rd at 4pm.

5 comments:

KatieK said...

Next time I want you to figure out a way to record the baby's heart beating! Does that new fancy phone of yours have any ability to record sound?! I'd love to hear the 'lub lub lub' of Little One's heart beat! :)

So glad it was a 'normal' visit! That's what we like to hear!

Lots of love!
Katie

The Witkowski Family said...

Oh Katie I didn't even think of that! Next time I am going to try for sure!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! There's nothing like hearing the heartbeat. I can't wait until Dec. 3rd, it will be here before you know it!
Love,
Courtney

tamilazzo said...

You are back to making me cry when I read your blog. Tears of great happiness for you, Brian and every one of us! As I've said many times, we are truly blessed. Thank God!

Aunt Kim said...

Hearing the heartbeat is so special! I like Katie K's idea of taping it...think you can figure out how to get audio on a blog? hehe

100 posts! How did you keep track? That is awesome!

I am excited about December 3rd as well! With November flying by, the start of December will be here before we all know it!

Thanks for sharing all of this. I look forward to each & every post!

Love,
Aunt Kim