Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 15

This past Thursday, it was just me and mom available for our weekly dinner. Dad was in New York for the Yankees game, Lizzie had class, Kristen had parent/teacher conferences, Macker was downtown Chicago opening a brand new Chili's and Brian worked late and had a softball game. So, since it was just the two of us, we decided to make it a low-key evening. Mom picked up Meatheads (a new hamburger joint here in Naperville) and headed on over to our house. We watched the Yankee game constantly scanning the crowds for any sight of Dad and cheering them on to victory. Brian's game ended up being rained out, so he joined us late.

loose shirt so it's hard to see the bump...
I measured 37 inches this week...less than last week...
my body is constantly changing

whoa Trippy has devil eyes


15 weeks already!!!
Baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces - about the size of an apple. She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If we shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.

Had my last blood work appointment with Dr. Hickey's office on Wednesday, October 28th...blood work came back great with no meds! I'm officially done traveling to Hinsdale and going to Dr. Hickey's office! We'll just take one more trip to drop off left over syringes, meds, and sharps container, and to also give one last thank you hug. I can't believe I'm done! What a great feeling!

2 comments:

Barb said...

15 weeks went so fast. It will be April before you know it. I think you need the same person to measure each week so it's consistent, I bet you gain 2 inches by next week! I hope you remember these happy, excited feelings in 6 months when she is crying at 2 am and wants to be fed. It will be fun! Call me at 9am if you need help then.
Love, Barb

Aunt Kim said...

Yay! That is such great news, Rachel! Yes, 15 weeks did go by fast!

Um....I noticed that you referred to the baby as "she" and "her" several times! Hmmmmm..... :)
I have to scroll down to make sure I did not miss anything!!!
I know the Grandmamma's say girl, but unless it's been confirmed otherwise, my feeling is still boy!

But no matter, I am so excited for you guys and very happy that all is going well. We can't wait to meet Little Witko, boy OR girl!!


Love,
Aunt Kim